The Office of General Counsel is responsible to the President of CSN and provides legal services to CSN in cooperation with the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) legal counsel.
Our services include:
- Legal representation of CSN before all courts and administrative bodies
- Research, analysis and advice on the legal implications of policy and decisions under applicable law
- Contract review as requested
- Participation in training sessions on legal issues
- Investigation and presentation of evidence at internal hearings under the NSHE Code and the Student Conduct Code.
- Higher Education Opportunity Act Checklist
Richard L. Hinckley, General Counsel
Diane L. Welch, Assistant General Counsel
Tami E. Vaughn-DeVries
Legal Research Assistant to General Counsel