Thursday, December 18, 2014



Transfer Credit Guide

Transferring college credits from one institution to another can be a challenging and confusing process. Counselors can assist students in transferring to CSN or from CSN to UNLV, UNR, or another institution.

Counselors can also assist students in completing a transfer agreement with UNLV, UNR, and NSC. Agreements help ensure that students are following the right prerequisites for their degrees and ensure those credits are accepted by the receiving institution.

Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind.

  • Make an appointment or visit a counselor to map out a program of study and to have any questions answered.
  • Typical college level courses are introductory, appreciation, or survey.
  • Each program has total credit requirements to graduate and maximum number of credits you can transfer.

Did you know that the Associate of Arts (AA), Associates of Science (AS), and Associates of Business (AB) are fully transferable to UNLV, UNR, and NSC?