CSN Faculty Electronic Early Referral System (E-Alert) Interfaced to Web Grading
Effective August 27th, 2007 referring students through the E-Alert System can be done through Web Grading. This feature will be more secure and will increase ease of use. As a reminder, the E-Alert System provides faculty with a confidential means to submit to the Retention Office the name of a student having problems in a class, in order that he/she be offered timely assistance.
How will it work?
- Once you have accessed your roster, you will only have to click on the C number of the student you want to refer to the Retention Office, and you will be automatically routed to the E-Alert Referral Form (please see below).
- Once on the form, you will notice that the student’s personal information, as well your course information, will have self-populated. All you will need to do from this point on is to select the appropriate campus from the drop down box and indicate the issue(s) pertinent to the student.
- Proceed to click on the send alert button. Your referral will be acknowledged once it is received by the E-Alert System Administrator.
- A Retention Specialist will soon be in touch with you.
- We ask that you please always inform the student that you referred him/her to the Retention Office, as students are more receptive to accepting services when they are first informed by faculty of the referral.