Welcome to the School of Advanced & Applied Technologies!
The School of Advanced and Applied Technologies is comprised of three departments offering a wide variety of programs leading to an Associate of Science (AS) degree, Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees, Certificates of Achievement (CA) and Certificates of Completion (CC) and preparing students to meet the high-tech training demands of Southern Nevada’s workforce. Find information about these programs offered on the departmental websites:
The College of Southern Nevada is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Program specific accreditations also exist for the following programs:
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Air Conditioning Technology is accredited by the Partnership for Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Accreditation (PAHRA)
- Automotive Technology
- The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Automotive Technology is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).
- Engineeering Technology
- The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Electronic Engineering Technology (without an emphasis) degree program is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Electronic Engineering Technology – Telecommunication Emphasis) degree program is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The school offers courses on all CSN campuses, both during the day and evening with selected Saturday offerings. All programs emphasize hands-on learning along with theory and are offered in well-equipped classrooms and laboratories. Computer laboratory facilities, open seven days a week, are also available.
Dr. Michael Spangler
Advanced & Applied Technologies