Welcome to the Academic Council page!
The Academic Council recommends rules and processes to maintain high academic standards, coordinates with the Faculty Senate on curriculum and policy issues, as needed, and advises the Vice President of Academic Affairs on academic issues.
- Academic deans and designated directors
- Campus administrators
- Representative from Student Affairs
- Faculty Senate Chair or designee
- Representative from the Associate Students of CSN
Roles/Duties of Committee Members:
Committee members meet to recommend program requirements, resource issues regarding curriculum and programs, college graduation requirements, academic budgeting, coordination of academic policy and other concerns as appropriate. Committee members advise the President/Vice President relative to rules and regulations affecting academic areas of the college, and coordinate information regarding academics to the faculty and campus communities.
- The VPAA prepares a meeting agenda and arranges for minutes to be taken (later posted to the CSN web site).
- The Council meets twice a month during the academic year and at least once a month each summer.
- Meeting sites rotate monthly among the three campuses.
- Unless otherwise determined by the Council members, action items on the agenda are first considered for discussion, and at a subsequent meeting for action. Council members use intervening time for input from chairs, faculty and staff, as appropriate.