CSN Online Campus and Angel FAQ's
CSN Online Campus Support: 702-651-5619
Toll Free 24/7 Technical Support: 1-800-630-7563
Who is my instructor, and how do I contact the instructor?
- Prior to the start of a semester, you can locate email the instructor and request information about the course. All CSN instructors have an email address in the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need books for a online course?
- Instructors generally require students to use textbooks for their distance education class. Please email the instructor for information about the required textbook.
Do I need to come to campus for anything?
- This is up to the instructor. You may be required to attend an on campus event (such as attending a musical performance or an in-class presentation or testing at a testing center).
How do I check my grade?
- Click the Grades tab
- Select Grades option under Category
- The page will reload
- Click on Run to view your grades
Are there online library services available for distance education students?
- Yes! Please visit the CSN Online library.
How do I log into my Angel account?
You login to your Angel account using 10 digit NSHE ID number as your Angel id, and the password you use for your network accounts as your password.
- Go to CSN's homepage
- Locate the "Online Campus Link" on the left side of the page.
- You will be taken to the "Online Campus" homepage.
- Click on the appropriate link to access your online courses.
- You will be taken to the appropriate "Login" screen.
- Enter your 10 digit NSHE ID number in the Angel id box.
- Use the same password as you do for you CSN Network account. If you do not have one you can activate at this time.
- Then, click on the "Log in" box.
- You will be taken to the "My CSN Online Campus" page. All online courses you are registered for are listed on this page.
I am unable to login using my student number and password.
- Make sure to double-check that you are entering your Angel ID (NSHE 10-digit ID Number) and the same password as you do for you CSN Student Network account correctly.
- If your information is entered correctly, and you are an Internet Explorer (IE) user, try the following:
- From the IE browser toolbar, select the "Tools" drop-down menu.
- From the "Tools" drop-down menu, select "Internet Options."
- From the "Internet Options" box, select the "Privacy" tab.
- Make sure your cookies are set to "Low." If they are not, drag the slider bar down until you see "Low" displayed.
- Then, select "Ok."
- Refresh the browser, then try logging in again.
- If your information is entered correctly, and you are an AOL user, try the following:
- Minimize AOL to your desktop.
- Bring up the browser you are using, and login.
- If options 2 and 3 do not allow you to login, contact Tech Support at: 702-651-4357.
Are online tutorial services available?
- SmartThinking Online Tutoring is available. You access Smarthinking after you log into Angel.
- As a CSN student, you have 15 hours of free tutoring available (per year).
- If you are not an online student, but still wish to access your SmarThinking account, please contact the eLearning office at 651-5619.
- For SmartThinking tech support, contact 651-5619.
I need to contact the Tech Support. What information do I need to provide?
Please call 1-800-630-7563 and provide the following information to Tech Support:
- Your name
- Your NSHE 10 digit ID number.
- A detailed description of the problem you are having (for example, Angel will not accept your Angel id and password, you are being directed to an Internet Optimizer page, you cannot view your course videos, etc).
- A phone number where you can be reached.
- Browser and version you are using. Check the "System Check" area on the bottom left of the Angel login page to make sure you are using a compatible browser and the settings and plugins are correct. Give these details to tech support.
- Course name and call number.
- Your e-mail address.