Am I an Honors Student?
Below are a few questions to help guide your decision as to whether the Honors Program at CSN is right for you. Take a moment to reflect on your interests and abilities. Talk to your family, friends and teachers about yourself and your educational goals. Generally speaking, if you answer "yes" to 6 out of the 10 questions, you'll probably enjoy your experience in the Honors Program.
- I enjoy thinking and talking about new concepts and ideas with friends and family. Y/N
- I read for my own pleasure and/or to learn about new concepts and/or activities. Y/N?
- I feel that I can communicate ideas clearly. Y/N?
- I find myself connecting ideas that I learn about with situations and people in my own life. Y/N?
- I recognize my own life situations portrayed in books, movies, TV shows, etc. Y/N?
- I think the classroom could and should be a place for sharing and discussion of ideas. Y/N?
- I am curious about others' ideas. Y/N?
- I consider myself a good reader and writer. Y/N?
- I like to think about the "deeper meanings" of things. Y/N?
- I enjoy searching the web for more information on things that interest me. Y/N?
To find out more about Honors faculty, click here.