Whether you've just arrived at CSN or you are a returning Coyote, we're here to support you. We want to make your experience at CSN as rewarding as possible, therefore we have made every effort to provide links to the numerous services available to CSN students. For your convenience, a printable
list of student resources and contact information is also available. If you can't find what you need, please contact us.
- How do I enroll for Tutorial Services?
Enrolling for Tutorial Services must be done in person. You will need to login to the Registrar's site and print out your class schedule and bring it with you.
- Where do I go for help with academic problems?
There are numerous programs that can help you identify and overcome academic hurdles and personal barriers that could negatively impact your success at CSN.
Start by visiting any of these services:
- Retention/Student Success Services – Trained specialists/advocates help students assess personal strengthens and limitations, develop college success strategies, implement action plans, learn to navigate the educational system, benefit from campus and community resources, and connect to campus life. CHARLESTON Bldg. B - 119 651-7367 CHEYENNE 1111 Student Services Area 651-2626 HENDERSON Bldg. B – 130 651-3103
- Accounting Labs – FREE assistance in accounting classes. No appointment necessary. Call 651-3100 for more information. CHARLESTON Bldg. C – Computer Lab CHEYENNE Room 2057 HENDERSON Bldg. B – Room 201
- Communication Lab – For students taking communication courses that need help with practice, research, interviewing techniques, as well as with visual aid preparation. Call for hours of operation or to make an appointment. CHARLESTON Bldg. C – East Entrance of Computer Lab 651-7834 CHEYENNE Southeast side of Computer Lab located above Russells Restaurant 651-4917 HENDERSON Bldg. C – Northeast side of Computer Lab 651-3047 - Math & Science Resource Centers – FREE drop-in tutoring offering assistance in various levels of math and science. CHARLESTON Bldg. H – Room 203 651-7615 CHEYENNE Room 2049-2050 651-4088 HENDERSON Bldg. B – Room 201 651-3167
- SMARTHINKING - Offers online tutoring, writing services, and homework assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in Math (Basic Skills through Calculus II), Writing, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Accounting, Economics, Spanish and Statistics. To access the service go to www.smarthinking.com. Please visit the Student Support Site or call 651-5619 for Log-in & password information.
- TRIO Student Support Services – One stop shop for first-generation college, financial aid-eligible, and disabled students offering tutoring, academic advising, career exploration, college-transfer assistance, and development of college success strategies. CHEYENNE Room 1120 651-4441
- Tutorial Services – Provide four hours of FREE one-on-one tutoring per credit hour in a variety of courses. CHARLESTON Bldg. D – Room 203 651-5732 CHEYENNE Room 2100 (Library) 651-4232 HENDERSON Bldg. C – Computer Lab 651-3125
- Writing Centers – Provides FREE assistance with all aspects of paper writing. No appointment necessary. CHARLESTON Bldg. C – Room 112 651-7402 CHEYENNE Telecom Bldg. 651-4101 HENDERSON Bldg. C – Computer Lab 651-3187
- How will I know if I have been awarded financial aid?
Once your FAFSA has been verified, Student Financial Services (SFS) will notify you of your eligibility for financial aid. SFS sends most of its communication to students via e-mail. Check with the Registrar's Office to receive your free CSN student e-mail account. You may also forward your CSN e-mail account to your personal e-mail address. You may also view your awards online using CSN Web Registration.
- Why can't I register?
If you are not able to register, it can be for one of the following reasons:
- You have a hold on your record
- Your PIN is invalid
- You have not met the course prerequisites (refer to the class schedule for class prerequisites)
For more information, call the Office of the Registrar at 651-4060, 651-5610 or 651-3030
- What does the Disability Resource Center (DRC) do?
The College of Southern Nevada makes every effort to make its campuses fully accessible to students with disabilities. The college's Disability Resource Center offers accommodations to help students with documented disabilities with their academic pursuits. In addition, the DRC offers Disability Specialists and DHHS Coordinator to answer any questions or help solve any problems that may arise due to a documented disability. The office also offers adaptive equipment to those who qualify to ensure equal access to all CSN sponsored activities. We offer accommodations at all campuses and learning centers!
- When will financial aid pay for my tuition and fees?
After you file has been verified and an award has been determined, financial aid funds will be applied directly to your student account to cover all allowable costs no earlier than 10 days before the start of each semester and residual balances will be sent to you as a refund for other educationally related expenses like room/board and transportation costs. Refunds will be mailed to the address you have on file with the Registrar's Office at the time your account was credited. It may take up to 14 days to receive a paper check from the time your student account was credited with financial aid.
Be sure to browse our FAQs for a full listing of all Frequently Asked Questions