Office of Technology Services
People, processes, and technology interact seamlessly to strengthen institutional performance through improved constituent services, increased accountability, and better educational experiences.
The Office of Technology Services (OTS) is committed to providing excellent service and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction in delivery of its responsibilities.
- Provide leadership for the continued development of a progressive information technology environment throughout the College.
- Ensure that information technology in its many forms fully serves our teaching, and service missions, using a model of partnership and collaboration.
- Ensure an appropriate campus IT infrastructure in support of administration, research and instruction. Provision of mass storage, networks, directories, administrative applications, server platforms, and IT security, are examples.
- Plan the future development of information technology at College of Southern Nevada.
- Engages collegiate and administrative units in dialogue on many key levels of each organization.
- Support OTS staff in continuous development of professional skills as they contribute to the success of the College.
Message from the CIO
As the Chief Information Officer at CSN, I would like to welcome you to the Office of Technology Services website. The Office of Technology Services, or OTS, is a diverse team of talented individuals, leading with technology as a critical partner with all of the arms of the college community.
Academic Technology Services
The role of Academic Technology Services (ATS) is to provide support and services for classroom and event technology, offering a wide range of audio-visual equipment, as well as planning, design, and recommendations for the installation and implementation of technologies that enhance classroom teaching, student learning, and presentations.
Enterprise Application Services
Enterprise Applications Services (EAS) is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting those software applications that the college uses to run its business functions more efficiently. Enterprise Application Services manages any application that runs on a centralized server.
Infrastructure Services (IS) configures, manages and monitors all network devices that keep the CSN community connected. The Infrastructure Services team supports the college’s core technology by providing secure, reliable, cost-effective, leading-edge network and communications infrastructures and business-critical services to faculty, staff, and students college-wide.
User Services (US) provides students, faculty, and staff desktop support and troubleshooting services for hardware and software, and lab and classroom computer support. User Services installs CSN desktop and laptop computers, as well as installs and configures software applications and utilities.