MyCSN Student Frequently Asked Questions
Enrollment cancellation and Financial Aid questions
The "MyCSN” student portal is a "one-stop" gateway for accessing many college applications and tools.
Through the portal, you have access to the following:
- 24/7 Access
- An informative Checklist of "to do" items
- Readily available access to all communications from the college
- Shopping cart style registration convenience
- Advanced planning tools
- Much more...
Click here to access MyCSN
New students will be e-mailed their MyCSN login information to the e-mail they provided on their application for admission
. Admission emails are sent on the same day the admission is processed.
- Returning students should have already received emails with their new NSHE ID and password. If you have not received your login, please call the MyCSN Help Desk at 702-651-5555.
- If you have not received your password, please contact the Office of the Registrar at any of our campus locations.
- If your last class at CSN was two or more years ago, you will need to reapply for admission to receive your login and password.
- Verify that you are entering the correct username and password
- Verify that you are using the correct MyCSN student portal
If you have forgotten your NSHE ID, please call the Help Desk at 702-651-HELP for further assistance. If you have forgotten your password, please contact the Office of the Registrar at any of our campus locations.
To find your assigned registration date, login to your MyCSN Student Center. Your registration date will appear under Enrollment Dates, which is on the right side of the page. (Step-by-step visual guide
You must complete the registration process to ensure your place in classes.
To complete your registration:
- Log in to MyCSN.edu
- Select the 'Student Center' link
- Select your shopping cart
- Select the classes you wish to enroll in by checking the box next to the class
- Click the 'Enroll' button
- Click the 'Finish Enrolling' button to complete the process
- Remove classes that you are not planning to enroll in using the delete button
Since MyCSN is a web-based system, the process of storing your navigation history in your Internet browser system can sometimes affect your experience in MyCSN.
Internet Explorer 11
- Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click on the Delete button in the Browsing history section to delete your temporary files (i.e., clear your cache). Place a checkmark next to each item you want to delete, then click on the Delete buton.
- If you want the browser to automatically clear the cache whenever you close it, place a checkmark next to Delete browsing history on exit. Click OK. This will delete everything except cookies.
Mozilla Firefox 38
- Click the Tools menu, click on History, then on Clear recent history.
- In the Time range to clear field, select an option from the drop down menu of cache you'd like to clear.
- Click on Details and make sure Cache is checked.
- Select Clear Now.
Google Chrome 44
For instructions on how to clear browser cache from other web browsers, use any of the search engines available on the web.
- Click the Tools menu, then click on History.
- Click on the Clear browsing data button.
- In the Obliterate the following items from field, select an option from the drop down menu of cache you'd like to clear.
- Place a checkmark next to each item you want to delete.
- Select Clear browsing data.
Internet Explorer 11
- Go to the Tools menu and select Internet options.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, uncheck the checkbox next to Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
- Click on the OK button.
Mozilla Firefox 38
Google Chrome 44
- Open the Tools menu and click on Options.
- Click on Content on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Uncheck the checkbox next to Block pop-up windows.
- Open the Tools Menu and click on Settings.
- Click on Show advanced settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Under Privacy, click on the Content settings button.
- Select the Allow all sites to show pop-ups radio button under the Pop-ups heading.
- Click on the Done button.
For instructions on how to turn off pop-up blockers from other web browsers, use any of the search engines available on the web.
Internet Explorer is recommended as the browser of choice.
MyCSN is a secure system. Your social security number is masked and all CSN faculty or staff with access to your information are required by law to comply with your rights as a student.
MyCSN gives you access to your information 24 hours a day, seven days a week through a web-based application. MyCSN is easy to use and helps you take care of business more efficiently.
Every registered student has received an e-mail notifying them when payment for classes is due. Those who have not paid by the due date will lose their enrollment in all classes, with the exception of those who are receiving financial aid or those who have established a payment plan with the Cashier’s Office. Students who are eligible for loan funds will not be subject to enrollment cancellation if they submit a loan application by Aug. 8 for preliminary loan eligibility review.
Enrollment cancellation is a necessary process. It happens so that students, who have enrolled in classes that they do not intend to take or pay for, are purged from the system to make room for other students who want to successfully complete their education at CSN.
If you received notice that you are not eligible for a financial aid grant, you may apply for loans. Students who are eligible for loan funds will not be subject to enrollment cancellation if they submit a loan application by Aug. 8 for preliminary loan eligibility review to the Financial Aid Department.
You may also establish a payment plan with the Cashier’s Office to protect your enrollment.
Contact the Cashier’s Office. A payment plan requires a first payment covering one-third of the tuition and all of the student fees. Additional payments until the sum of your bill has been paid are required at later dates.
If you receive financial aid, including loans (if you accept them) or grants, you will have pending aid listed on your account so that you will not lose your classes. Student award notifications are sent out nightly, Monday through Friday.
Please understand that being held in classes by the Financial Aid Department does not guarantee financial aid payment. If further review should determine that you are not eligible for financial aid, you will be financially responsible for the accrued enrollment cost.
Following the payment due date, you will not be able to register for classes until the system cancels the enrollment for students who have not yet paid. It is important that if you enroll in a class on or after the payment due date, you pay for it the same day you registered for the class or you will lose your enrollment in ALL of the classes for which you registered.
This applies to students who have established a payment plan. You must pay the difference of the new class or you will lose ALL of your classes for which you have previously enrolled.
This does not apply to those students who are receiving financial aid. The Financial Aid Department will continue to hold your classes for you until the first disbursement date.
Demand for classes often exceeds capacity. Please note the wait to register in person at CSN campuses on and after Aug. 15 can be significant. In addition, attempts to enroll online on and after Aug. 15 can also require waiting if user demand exceeds the capacity of the enrollment system.