Graduation and Beyond
What you can do NOW?
- Start a comprehensive network consisting of:
Counselors or Advisors
Professionals in the field
Alumnus of Universities you plan to attend
- Use your network to arrange:
Letters of recommendation
A minimum of 3 to 5 informational interviews
Ask for 2 or more referrals from each person you interview
- Think about your college options:
Start contacting colleges
Look at transfer requirements such as immunization records
- Be aware of deadlines for applications and scholarships
Conduct research on the field or career you are interested in:
Local job listings
National job listings
Start or update your resume
Applying for Graduation
Before you apply:
- Make an appointment with a counselor or an advisor. He/she will complete a degree audit and be able to answer questions or suggest options. Remember that the counselor's evaluation is unofficial and subject to final evaluation with the admissions and records office. Do this a semester in advance.
- It is advisable to apply early. It is not uncommon for students to apply the semester prior to their expected semester of graduation. In this way students will know exactly where they stand prior to their final semester and can make necessary changes in their course selection to complete their graduation requirements.
Graduation Application Steps:
- Determine the degree(s) you are completing.
- Complete the application for graduation form and check in with the admissions office.
- Pay the graduation fee ($15) at the bursar's office/cashier.