Academic Coaching Services For Faculty
The electronic student referral system, also known as the Faculty E-Alert System, allows CSN’s instructional staff to become proactive and collaborate with Student Affairs in offering struggling students assistance to pass their class. The E-Alert system administered by the Advising and Academic Coaching Services, contacts the student and proposes working on strategies and interventions that can help in successful course completion.
To use the Early Electronic Referral (E-alert) System:
- Log on to MyCSN and access your class roster
- Click on the Early Alert Box next to the 10 digit-number belonging to the student in need of assistance.
- The E-Alert form, as shown here, will appear. You can click on pre-selected reasons for the E-Alert and/or type additional comments.
- Next, please inform the student that you referred him/her to the Retention Office by clicking on "Notify", as students are more receptive to services when they are first informed by faculty of the referral.
- Click on the Send Alert button to send the Alert.
- Once the referral is sent to Academic Coaching Services, you will fist receive an electronic acknowledgement confirming receipt of the E-Alert followed by an Update with the status and progress of the contact.
- Don't Cancel that Class
- The Compass Mid-Semester Checklist