The Bump Up Mentoring program is a supportive resource offered by the College of Southern Nevada which targets historically underrepresented students seeking to improve their changes of persistence, completion and graduation. Through this program, Bump Up aims to help Mentees attain a degree while establishing a sense of social responsibility and promoting community engagement. Encompassing the total person concept, the purpose of the Bump Up Mentoring program is to enhance student’s chances of academic success, create a sense of belonging at the college and develop other holistic skills and abilities that will allow them to positively contribute to their community.
Bump Up includes an array of programs and services designed to aid Mentees in attaining a degree from CSN and establishing a sense of community engagement and social responsibility. Key program elements include:
- Academic services including academic and career counseling, book assistance, college preparation workshops and transfer planning
- Career services, including internships, job shadowing, job coaching, work supports and career assessments.
Through these and other initiatives, Bump Up aims to achieve the following program goals:
- Make supportive, personal connection with other students, faculty, and college staff. - Acclimate students to college and community life
- Increase student awareness to college and community life
- Increase student awareness to utilization of campus support resources
- Empower students to become future leaders in their community.
- Help students develop knowledge on academic, social and holistic skills - Help students understand the idea of collective work and responsibility.