Start the journey towards your better future today.
CSN accepts applications year-round. However, it's best to apply early to get the best choices for classes. Follow the link below to complete your application online.
CSN is an open-access institution, and any adult can apply for admission and enroll in classes. Those applicants who are specifically seeking a degree or certificate of achievement and are applying for federal financial aid must have a high school diploma, its equivalent, or be a qualified international student to be admitted to CSN. If you would like to prepare and take the GED/HSE you may do so at CSN. For more information please contact CSN's Testing Center.
- If you have not applied for admission or have not taken a credited class from CSN, you need to complete CSN’s Application for Admission.
Note: Once your admission application is confirmed, you will receive an email with your NSHE student ID number followed by a separate email with instructions on how to validate your CSN student account.
If you are new to Nevada please review our residency policy.
Your MyCSN student portal is your primary tool for registration and services
- Go to https://go.csn.edu/LoginPolicy.jsp and validate your account.
- After validating your student account and registering your password, you are able to log in to GoCSN (https://go.csn.edu/LoginPolicy.jsp) and access your MyCSN, Canvas learning platform, and student email account.
If you encounter any technical issues validating your account, please call our OTS Help Desk at (702) 651-4357 (HELP).
If you are registering for a math or English class, see how you can place in the class level that is right for you:
Take placement tests for Math, Reading, and English or submit valid (less than two years old) SAT or ACT scores for course placement. Placement testing is free. To schedule an appointment or to access study materials visit the Testing Center.
Tuition Payment Options:
- Pay online with a debit or credit card through MyCSN self-service.
- Pay in person at any Cashier’s Office.
- Pay by mail (early enough to arrive prior to the payment due date).
- Make check payable to NSHE Board of Regents and mail to:
College of Southern Nevada
3200 East Cheyenne Ave.
Sort Code NLVE124
North Las Vegas, NV 89030
- If you pay for all classes by the tuition payment due date and add another class after registration reopens, you must pay new fees related to this additional class by midnight on the day of registration or risk being dropped from ALL classes, including courses that had been previously paid. A refund will be issued to the student in this instance.
- To protect your enrollment and hold your classes, you must set up a Payment Plan in your MyCSN portal.
Textbooks are NOT OPTIONAL. They are necessary for you to do well in all college classes. Before the semester starts, you must buy or rent all textbooks required for your classes. Take your printed class schedule to a CSN Bookstore. The bookstore staff will tell you which books you need to purchase and which books may be available for rent. You can also order your books online at Follett Live.