The CSN African American Heritage Committee awards scholarships to graduating and returning CSN students to pursue their post-secondary education. Recipients receive a monetary award for academic expenses.
- Must be registered in at least six credit hours with College of Southern Nevada during the semester the scholarship period is open.
- Must be enrolled in 6 or more credits.
- Must hold a 2.5 minimum cumulative GPA at the conclusion of the previous semester.
- Must have satisfactorily completed at least one semester at CSN.
- Must be enrolled in a program of study leading to a recognized bachelor degree, associate degree, or certificate program (declared major).
- Eligibility criteria as stated in the Qualifications section above.
- Academic history.
- Any community service, involvement in CSN clubs and organizations, and/or activities supporting the African American community.
- Essay responses including the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
The completed application must be submitted by April 5, 2019, at 5 p.m.
Please enter the information below and print a copy of the confirmation screen for your records:
Please list honors, awards, clubs and organizations, community activities, membership in professional organizations, social and/or church clubs that demonstrate your involvement at CSN and within the local community. Please include any offices you served along with start and end dates.
Please list volunteer and community service experiences including start date and end date, number of hours volunteered, and the name of the supervisor responsible for the assignment.
Please list work or internship experiences and include your duties, start and end date, and the name of your supervisor responsible for the assignment.
Identify a challenge among African American students at CSN and what is your suggestion to solve it? (Length must be at least 400 but no more than 500 words)