Please complete the following steps before attending the loan counseling session:
- Register in advance and attend a one hour in person loan counseling session (No same day registration).
- To view dates for the loan entrance counseling sessions, please click on one of the Campuses below.
- Then, click on the Email Registration button to submit the date and time you would like to attend. On the Registration Form, please include your legal first and last name, your ten digit NSHE ID number, and the date and time you plan to attend.
- After you send the Registration email, you should receive a response email from the school confirming that you are scheduled in a session (might take up to 2-5 business days).
- Upon receiving the confirmation email that you are scheduled in a session, please complete and sign both the Student Contact Info Form - ESI and the Financial Awareness Counseling Form (dated after May 1, 2019). Please do not email the Financial Awareness budget, we need the form that states you have Completed with a printed date.
- Send both the Student Contact Information Form and the Financial Awareness Counseling Form via email to CSN before attending the loan counseling session. The email address to send the forms to will be provided in the response email confirming your scheduled loan counseling session.
*Please Note- If you are an out of state student enrolled in online classes only, please provide proof with one of the following documents to be exempt from the in person loan counseling requirement: valid out of state driver's license, out of state lease or out of state utility bill in your name. Please Contact Us for an email address to submit the documents.
See below for a complete listing of dates and campus locations for loan counseling sessions.
West Charleston Campus
North Las Vegas Campus
Please select only one event you would like to attend. You must bring: State ID, or State Driver's License (if you show up without ID, you will be asked to leave). Also, you must have emailed your Financial Awareness Certificate from studentloans.gov and your Student Contact Sheet (If we have not received all forms, you will not be allowed to attend the event). Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for check in.
If you were selected for the control group in the Experimental Site Initiative for Loan Counseling. There is no further action required of you.
This experiment seeks to determine if the additional loan counseling:
• Improves your decision-making about how much to borrow.
• Promotes successful repayment of student loans.
• Has an impact on your academic performance.
Students have been randomly selected for the participation in the joint College of Southern Nevada (CSN) and the US Department of Education’s experiment on expanded loan counseling. This means that you may be required to complete an additional session of Loan Counseling for this year and every year you wish to borrow student loans at CSN.