Financial Aid Online
While our on-campus offices are closed to the public; we would like to offer students that wish to meet with a Financial Aid Office representative an option. Please be aware that students must be able to show a valid federal or state photo ID that we can view through your camera for any discussions regarding your financial aid file.
Wait times may vary to meet with a Financial Aid representative, by submitting the FA Online Request, you are sending a request to meet as soon as possible. Our virtual hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday. Any requests sent after 4:00pm cannot be accommodated and you will NOT receive a response from our office (we accept only same day appointments). If all appointments have been filled and we can no longer accept appointments PRIOR to 4:00pm, you will receive a reply declining your request.
CSN uses WebEx Meetings (a video conferencing tool that allows our staff to meet you online). It is a great way to meet face-to-face and you can utilize it both as a desktop or mobile application. Please download the Webex Meetings app that fits your needs.
Please click FA Online Request to request an online appointment with a financial aid representative. Financial aid staff is available by email and by phone during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 702-651-4303. Some of your questions may be answered in our online FAQs.
Please complete the following steps before attending the loan counseling session:
- Please include your legal first and last name and your ten digit NSHE ID number.
- Emails may take 2-5 business days to process and receive a confirmation of.
- Please complete and sign the Student Contact Info Form - ESI and the Financial Awareness Counseling Form (dated after May 1, 2020). Please also send the completed Presentation Test. Please do not email the Financial Awareness budget, we need the form that states you have Completed with a printed date.
- Send the Presentation Test, Student Contact Information Form and the Financial Awareness Counseling Form via email to CSN. Please include all three items in one email to have it cleared from your MYCSN account. The email address to send the documents will be provided in the presentation below.
Rates for federal loans issued between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 will be 2.75% for undergraduate Direct loans.
West Charleston Campus
North Las Vegas Campus
If you were selected for the control group in the Experimental Site Initiative for Loan Counseling. There is no further action required of you.
This experiment seeks to determine if the additional loan counseling:
• Improves your decision-making about how much to borrow.
• Promotes successful repayment of student loans.
• Has an impact on your academic performance.
Students have been randomly selected for the participation in the joint College of Southern Nevada (CSN) and the US Department of Education’s experiment on expanded loan counseling. This means that you may be required to complete an additional session of Loan Counseling for this year and every year you wish to borrow student loans at CSN.