Financial Aid Online
The Financial Aid Office is currently working remotely, and our on-campus offices are closed. Students can meet with the Financial Aid Office representatives virtually. CSN's Financial Aid Office uses Microsoft Teams, a video conferencing tool. You can use Teams on your desktop computer, but if you are using a phone or tablet, you will need to download the Microsoft Teams app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. You can view this video if you need assistance accessing Microsoft Teams.
To protect student information, you must show a valid federal or state photo ID that we can view through your camera to discuss your financial aid file. We look forward to meeting you!
If you cannot meet virtually, you can contact the Financial Aid Office by email or call our Call Center at 702-651-4303 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please complete the following steps before attending the loan counseling session:
- Please include your legal first and last name and your ten digit NSHE ID number.
- Emails may take 2-5 business days to process and receive a confirmation of.
- Please complete and sign the Student Contact Info Form - ESI and the Financial Awareness Counseling Form (dated after May 1, 2020). Please also send the completed Presentation Test. Please do not email the Financial Awareness budget, we need the form that states you have Completed with a printed date.
- Send the Presentation Test, Student Contact Information Form and the Financial Awareness Counseling Form via email to CSN. Please include all three items in one email to have it cleared from your MYCSN account. The email address to send the documents will be provided in the presentation below.
Rates for federal loans issued between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 will be 2.75% for undergraduate Direct loans.
West Charleston Campus
North Las Vegas Campus
If you were selected for the control group in the Experimental Site Initiative for Loan Counseling. There is no further action required of you.
This experiment seeks to determine if the additional loan counseling:
• Improves your decision-making about how much to borrow.
• Promotes successful repayment of student loans.
• Has an impact on your academic performance.
Students have been randomly selected for the participation in the joint College of Southern Nevada (CSN) and the US Department of Education’s experiment on expanded loan counseling. This means that you may be required to complete an additional session of Loan Counseling for this year and every year you wish to borrow student loans at CSN.