Scholarship Requirements for Nevada Promise New Applicants
CSN Priority Deadlines
After applying for the Nevada Promise Scholarship, the following dates are suggested to help maintain eligibility for Promise and to be considered for additional programming.
- Apply to CSN on or before October 31, 2019 for priority consideration.
- Review and initiate CSN First Steps.
- Complete the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or before December 31, 2019.
- The 2020-21 FAFSA will be available Oct. 1, 2019.
- If the student is prohibited by law from completing the FAFSA, then the student must complete the Nevada Promise Scholarship FAFSA Alternative Acknowledgement Form (available at a later date) affirming said prohibition.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credits fall 2020 on or before July 1, 2020.
- Credits must be applicable to an eligible program of study.
- Fall enrollment opens in May 2020 & classes begin August 2020. Register for courses via MyCSN.
- As of July 1, the CSN Financial Aid Office will start applying the Promise Scholarship to eligible students enrolled in courses applicable to their declared major.
Nevada Promise Scholarship Deadlines
Applicants must complete the following steps to qualify for the Nevada Promise Scholarship:
- Apply for the Nevada Promise Scholarship Application on or before October 31, 2019.
- Make sure your contact information and CCSD Student ID Number is correct to avoid missing essential communications about your application.
- If you are enrolled in a CSN Dual Enrollment Program, please provide your NSHE ID number at the time of application.
- An acknowledgment email will be sent verifying successful completion of your application, please save this email for your records.
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement email, check your spam folder. If issues persist, contact the Promise Office at 702.651.7500.
- Apply to the College of Southern Nevada (CSN).
- Review and initiate CSN First Steps which include: Orientation, Placement Testing, and Academic Advising
- Complete the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or before March 1, 2020.
- Follow up with the CSN Financial Aid Office at 702.651.4303 to determine if additional documentation is needed.
- If the student is prohibited by law from completing the FAFSA, then the student must complete the Nevada Promise Scholarship FAFSA Alternative Acknowledgement Form (available at a later date).
- After submitting the FAFSA, if selected for an additional verification process, this must be completed on or before June 1, 2020.
- Contact the CSN Financial Aid Office to determine if any additional documentation is needed.
- Required documents may include tax transcripts which must be obtained from the IRS or other official documents.
- Complete a mandatory training on or before March 1, 2020.
- CSN Online New Student Orientation must be completed in order to meet the training requirement.
- Access the online New Student Orientation via your MyCSN account, go to your Student Center and select the Online Orientation link.
- An NSHE ID and access to your MyCSN account is required to complete the training.
- Document completion of the online orientation for your records.
- Screenshot of the completion page of the online orientation.
- Screenshot that includes a date demonstrating removal of the Orientation Hold in your MyCSN account.
- If you experience technical difficulties or need assistance viewing the online orientation, please contact First Year Experience at 702.651.2727.
- Complete and submit eight hours of community service on or before June 1, 2020.
- Review the Promise Community Service page for information on how to report your hours and a list of suggested organizations.
- Participate in one mentor activity on or before June 1, 2020.
- Mentor activities will take place in the spring 2020 semester. Information will be provided via email.