Back to Wiki
This wiki describes how to correct text in a pdf in which Adobe Acrobat has recognized scanned text and "got it wrong". We will assume you have opened Adobe Acrobat and have the document opened within it.
- On the right hand side panel in Acrobat, click on the "Enhance Scans" option. if you dont see it here, click on the "Tools" tab at the top left, scrol down to find "Enhance Scans" option, click the "Add" button to add it to the right side panel, then click the button to turn on the Enhance Scans feature.
A toolbar will appear above the document.
- Click the "Recognize Text" dropdown and choose "Correct Recognized Text".
A popup may appear with the message "This document does not contain any suspects". Click OK to close this popup.
- In the toolbar above the document, check the checkbox "Review recognized text".
- Now, double click some text that needs to be corrected.
A red box will appear around the word or words.
- In the toolbar, you will see a field "recognized as" with the text next to it. Update this text field to the correct word or words.
- Repeat these steps for all scanned text needing corrections. You may want to periodically save the pdf just in case something happens you wont lose all your changes.
- Save the PDF.