These are simple instructions to add a table to a WYSIWYG widget. The figures below show both the table properties popup and the source html of a table with the first row tags changed to "th".
Table Properties Popup
HTML of Table shown in Source code with first row tags highlighted
- Click the table icon. The table properties popup will appear.
- Add in the necessary columns and rows.
- Clear out "Width", "Height", "Cell Spacing", "Cell Padding", and "Border Size".
- Make sure "Header" is set to "None" and "Alignment" is set to "<not set>".
- Fill in the "Caption" with the title of the table.
- Optionally fill in the "Summary" if the table needs a bit of description.
- Click OK.
- The first row of your table ought to be a row of column names. If it is not, you will have a table that is not 508 compliant.
To accomplish this, fill the first row with the column names, then either:
- Contact web services and ask to have the first row of the table converted to use table header cells (th) OR
- Click on the "Source" button and scroll down to find your new table in the html. Then change the first row's cells from "td" to "th".
- Your table is now complete and should show in the WYSIWYG, ready to have data added to the cells.