Financial Aid Online
While our on-campus offices are closed to the public; we would like to offer students that wish to meet with a Financial Aid Office representative an option. Please be aware that students must be able to show a valid federal or state photo ID that we can view through your camera for any discussions regarding your financial aid file.
Wait times may vary to meet with a Financial Aid representative, by submitting the FA Online Request, you are sending a request to meet as soon as possible. Our virtual hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday. Any requests sent after 4:00pm cannot be accommodated and you will NOT receive a response from our office (we accept only same day appointments). If all appointments have been filled and we can no longer accept appointments PRIOR to 4:00pm, you will receive a reply declining your request.
CSN uses WebEx Meetings (a video conferencing tool that allows our staff to meet you online). It is a great way to meet face-to-face and you can utilize it both as a desktop or mobile application. Please download the Webex Meetings app that fits your needs.
Please click FA Online Request to request an online appointment with a financial aid representative. Financial aid staff is available by email and by phone during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 702-651-4303. Some of your questions may be answered in our online FAQs.
Beginning with the 2017-18 award year, Pell Grants are available year round. There is a requirement to enroll at least half-time (6+ credits) to receive the additional Year Round Pell Grant for summer.
Year Round Pell
To be eligible for the Year Round Pell Grant, you must:
- Have completed a FAFSA for the award year.
- Be Pell Grant eligible and enrolled in at least half-time (6 + credits) for the summer term.
- Be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Have lifetime Pell Grant eligibility remaining.
Important Facts to Note
- Pell Grant alone may not be enough to cover the full cost of attending classes in the summer.
- Eligible students may receive up to three Pell awards in one academic year.
- The maximum timeframe that students may receive Federal Pell Grant is the equivalent of twelve full-time semesters. One full-time semester of Pell equals 50%.
- You can check for your remaining eligibility level online by logging on to nslds.ed.gov using your FSA ID. View your Lifetime Eligibility Units (LEU) on the Financial Aid Review page.
Dropping, Withdrawing or Failing Classes
It is possible that you could owe money back for all or part of your Federal Pell Grant if you do not complete your classes. The amount you may owe will be calculated based on the drop date, the number of credits and the last day that you attended classes.
Pell Grant Amount Depends on Enrollment
Your summer Pell Grant award will be based on the number of credits you are enrolled in and your Pell Lifetime Eligibility Units (LEU). The Pell Grant amount may be adjusted accordingly depending on your enrollment level. Enrollment levels are determined in the following manner:
- 12+ credits = 100% of the semester Pell Grant amount
- 9-11 credits = 75% of the semester Pell Grant amount
- 6-8 credits = 50% of the semester Pell Grant amount