Financial Aid Online
The Financial Aid Office is currently working remotely, and our on-campus offices are closed. Students can meet with the Financial Aid Office representatives virtually. CSN's Financial Aid Office uses Microsoft Teams, a video conferencing tool. You can use Teams on your desktop computer, but if you are using a phone or tablet, you will need to download the Microsoft Teams app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. You can view this video if you need assistance accessing Microsoft Teams.
To protect student information, you must show a valid federal or state photo ID that we can view through your camera to discuss your financial aid file. We look forward to meeting you!
If you cannot meet virtually, you can contact the Financial Aid Office by email or call our Call Center at 702-651-4303 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Beginning with the 2017-18 award year, Pell Grants are available year round. There is a requirement to enroll at least half-time (6+ credits) to receive the additional Year Round Pell Grant for summer.
Year Round Pell
To be eligible for the Year Round Pell Grant, you must:
- Have completed a FAFSA for the award year.
- Be Pell Grant eligible and enrolled in at least half-time (6 + credits) for the summer term.
- Be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Have lifetime Pell Grant eligibility remaining.
Important Facts to Note
- Pell Grant alone may not be enough to cover the full cost of attending classes in the summer.
- Eligible students may receive up to three Pell awards in one academic year.
- The maximum timeframe that students may receive Federal Pell Grant is the equivalent of twelve full-time semesters. One full-time semester of Pell equals 50%.
- You can check for your remaining eligibility level online by logging on to nslds.ed.gov using your FSA ID. View your Lifetime Eligibility Units (LEU) on the Financial Aid Review page.
Dropping, Withdrawing or Failing Classes
It is possible that you could owe money back for all or part of your Federal Pell Grant if you do not complete your classes. The amount you may owe will be calculated based on the drop date, the number of credits and the last day that you attended classes.
Pell Grant Amount Depends on Enrollment
Your summer Pell Grant award will be based on the number of credits you are enrolled in and your Pell Lifetime Eligibility Units (LEU). The Pell Grant amount may be adjusted accordingly depending on your enrollment level. Enrollment levels are determined in the following manner:
- 12+ credits = 100% of the semester Pell Grant amount
- 9-11 credits = 75% of the semester Pell Grant amount
- 6-8 credits = 50% of the semester Pell Grant amount