DURING THE EMERGENCY
- If a threat is received by telephone, attempt to complete the bomb threat checklist on the Emergency Action Plan (multicolored posters through out campus buildings).
- Pay close attention to exact wording, speech characteristics, and background noises.
- If a written threat is received, copy the contents and protect the original message (plastic or covering) to preserve identifying marks or fingerprints.
- If validated threat, call or message is received or a suspect item is found (do not touch or move), contact the CSN Police (651-7911).
- Activate the Site Emergency Operations center which will contact the fire department and CSN police and take control of all activities until arrival of fire/police units.
- The incident commander, in concert with the site administrator will decide whether to conduct a search, using CSN police, staff and other support units as required and whether to evacuate during the search.
- If evacuation is necessary, the appropriate signal or alarm should be activated and everyone will be moved to the nearest safe location away from the hazardous event.
AFTER THE EMERGENCY
- Facilities will be inspected by fire/police and college facilities management personnel before re-occupancy.
- Alternate facility location will be coordinated by the college administration.
- Dismiss or return students and staff to class as directed by the college administration. If dismissal is necessary, coordinate with college administration and human resources.
- Preserve bomb threat checklist.