Limited Entry Admission
Review your program’s admission requirements. All eligibility criteria and prerequisite courses must be complete prior to applying to a Limited Entry program.
- Complete a Limited Entry Workshop (Select Tab or Click Here)
- Print the Limited Entry Application and Policy pages.
- Print the Limited Entry Completion Checklist. Be sure to print the checklist for the semester and year for which you are applying.
- Review the Limited Entry Application. Complete and sign where applicable.
- Review the Limited Entry Policy. Initial and sign where applicable.
- Complete the Limited Entry Completion Checklist.
- Pay the $20.00 non-refundable application fee and attach proof of payment to application.
Limited Entry Application Fee Instructions
- Gather all documents as instructed in the Limited Entry Completion Checklist.
- Review the program’s Selection Criteria. Additional requirements for specific documents may be found here and must be submitted with your Limited Entry Application in order to be awarded points.
- Submit your Limited Entry Application with all supporting documentation to the Limited Entry Office on or before the program’s application deadline.
The following must be submitted in your application packet:
- Completed and signed Limited Entry Application and Policy - All pages of the policy must be included with your application. Please initial and sign the policy where indicated.
- A signed copy of the program-specific Limited Entry Completion Checklist with all supporting documents. This form must be for the semester, year, and program to which you are applying.
- Any documents necessary for added points toward your application must be submitted with your Limited Entry Application. Please review your specified program’s “Selection Criteria” for additional documents necessary for points and for how points are awarded.
Submit your Limited Entry Application and all supporting documents on or before your specified program’s application deadline to the Limited Entry Office at the West Charleston Campus, Building K Room 216. You may submit your completed application either in-person or by mail no more than two months prior to the application deadline.
Note: Applications submitted by email or after the application deadline will not be processed. All pages of the policy must be submitted with your application. Your MyCSN Transfer Credit Report (if applicable) and any other supporting documentation (e.g. work experience, proof of certification, etc.) must also be submitted.
Before attending or sending a request to complete the Limited Entry Workshop (LEW), you must:
- Complete a Health Programs Orientation
- Meet with a Health Programs Advisor
More information regarding these requirements, can be found on our Getting Started page.
If the above steps have been completed, you can choose an option below:
- Complete the LEW online. Send us an email with your full name, NSHE ID#, and email address as they are listed in MyCSN and indicate you would like to complete the online LEW. *Please be aware that it may take up to one week to add the LEW to CANVAS.*
- Attend the LEW in-person. The schedule can be found here: Limited Entry Workshop - Schedule
Note: If you have completed a Limited Entry Workshop in-person or online within two (2) years of the application deadline, you do not have to repeat it.
The checklist for the program you are applying to must be included with your application. Checklists must be for the semester and year for which you are applying. Checklists will be posted approximately two months before the program deadline date.
February 1st Deadline Date for Summer Admission
- Dental Hygiene - Completion Program BS
- Dental Hygiene - Direct Admit BS
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Cardiac Track
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - General Track
March 1st Deadline Date for Summer & Fall Admission
- Nursing (RN) (Fall) - Fall Admission
- Practical Nursing - Summer Admission
June 1st Deadline Date for Fall Admission
- Cardiorespiratory Sciences
- Health Information Technology
- LPN to RN Bridge (Fall)
- Medical Coding
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (Fall)
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Ophthalmic Dispensing
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiation Therapy
- Surgical Technology
- Veterinary Nursing
September 1st Deadline Date for Spring Admission
November 1st Deadline Date for Spring Admission
You can set up an appointment with the Limited Entry Coordinator in order to review your application. Applications must be submitted to the Limited Entry Office one week in advance to your scheduled appointment.
In order to meet with the Limited Entry Coordinator, you must have:
- Attended a Health Programs Orientation
- Met with a Health Programs Advisor
- Successfully completed the Limited Entry Health Programs Workshop
- Completed all program requirements and are ready to submit your application to the Limited Entry Office
- Met the minimum qualifications for the specific Health Sciences Program but have questions or concerns related to the Limited Entry Policy, Process, or Procedures
Limited Entry Office
6375 West Charleston Boulevard
Building K Room 216
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Phone: (702) 651-5633
or e-mail us directly here.