CORE Virtual Engagement Events are live online sessions where students new to CSN have the opportunity to interact with CSN community including First Year Experience team, faculty, staff, and other students. After you have completed the New Student Online Orientation, select an open date for a CORE Virtual Engagement Event on the calendar to the right. If you have difficulty accessing the calendar, please Contact FYE. Don't miss out, space is limited for these online virtual events! Sign up today!
Get a head start on planning your Coyote experience at CSN. Visit the wide variety of CSN programs and services at the CORE Virtual Resource Fair – everything from First Year Experience to Campus Life. These engagement events are a great way for incoming students (and family members) to explore programs, activities, resources – and connect with fellow new Coyotes.
How to Access CORE Virtual Engagement Events
As a CSN student, you have access to a number of digital collaboration tools and one main tool is Office 365 where your CSN Outlook Email is located. CORE Virtual Engagement Events are held online using the Microsoft (MS) Teams Application. To have the right access to MSTeams, you must properly set up your CSN Email first and download the MSTeams application. Follow the instructions below, or WATCH THIS VIDEO ON HOW TO SET UP CSN EMAIL & DOWNLOAD MSTEAMS.
- Set up your Email: Login to GoCSN > Select the Student Email Tile >Setup your Email
- Once in your Email, locate the App Launcher at the top left, next to the word Outlook.
- Select MSTeams and download.
- When you register to attend a CORE Virtual Engagement Event, you will be sent an MSTeams link to use to go to the event online on the date and time registered.
If you have difficulty downloading MSTeams, please email the FYE office so we can assist you. We recommend you to download the app at least 24 hours in advance of the event.
What to Expect
CORE VIRTUAL ENGAGEMENT EVENT
We understand that we are operating in uncertain times, and our goal at the Office of First Year Experience remains to help your transition to college go as smooth as possible, making sure you get off to a great start at CSN. CORE Virtual Engagement Events are designed to jumpstart making connections with CSN faculty, staff, and other students in a live video conference environment. Dedicated staff are there to inform and support as you begin your educational journey at CSN.
A couple of important tips for attending CORE Virtual Engagement Events:
- Participating in a MSTeams event works best on a computer. While you can join MSTeams using your phone and other devices, you may have a better experience if you use a computer that is equipped with a video or webcam.
- Click the MSTeams Link that will be sent to you in your confirmation email after submitting the registration form.
- Check-in will start at 1:00 through 1:05pm.
- When you enter the event, we highly recommend to turn your video camera on, so that we can see you and welcome you to the event!
- Come ready to ask your questions! You can enter questions in the chat feature.
- We encourage you to have your parent or family join you so they can obtain information on how to support you while in college.
- Within the Teams App, you will be given access to the CORE Resources Channel, where we will hold the Virtual CSN CORE Resource Fair as part of the event.
- At the end of the main presentation we will instruct you on visiting the many resource partners located in the Teams Channel.
- While in the channel, you may video conference live with certain partners, chat, participate in Q & A sessions, in addition to meeting us live in the FYE and Students First Station Channel for additional support.
- Expect to hang out in the channel, visit as many programs and resources as possible, and leave with important connections and information to help you be a successful CSN student!
CSN CORE VIRTUAL RESOURCE FAIR
Highlights of the RESOURCE FAIR!
- Financial Aid Q & A with a Financial Aid Representative inside CORE Resource Channel
- Parent/Family Connections presentation inside the CSN Parent/Family Connections Channel
- Parents & family are welcome to attend with their students. For additional parent/family resources, please visit our CSN Parent & Family page.
- Career and Transfer Services (CATS) presentation and support in the CORE Resource Channel
- Students First Station live online support from Coyote Concierges (FYE employees who are all CSN graduate students)
- And many more programs and services here to help you!