Financial Aid Online
The Financial Aid Office is currently working remotely, and our on-campus offices are closed. Students can meet with the Financial Aid Office representatives virtually. CSN's Financial Aid Office uses Microsoft Teams, a video conferencing tool. You can use Teams on your desktop computer, but if you are using a phone or tablet, you will need to download the Microsoft Teams app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. You can view this video if you need assistance accessing Microsoft Teams.
To protect student information, you must show a valid federal or state photo ID that we can view through your camera to discuss your financial aid file. We look forward to meeting you!
If you cannot meet virtually, you can contact the Financial Aid Office by email or call our Call Center at 702-651-4303 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you have been selected by the U.S. Department of Education for verification (group 1 or group 5), you would have received an email or a postcard from our partner Inceptia providing instructions.
Students who have been selected in verification group 4 must complete the two items listed below.
- Educational Purpose and HS Completion.
- This form must be notarized and stamped by an in-person notary service (online notaries are not accepted). In addition, a front and back color copy of an unexpired government photo ID must be submitted with these forms.
- High School Transcript/GED.
2020-2021 Educational Statement and HS Completion (Fall 2020- Summer 2021)
2021-2022 Statement of Educational Purpose and HS Completion (Fall 2021 – Summer 2022)
Federal regulations allow the Financial Aid office to exercise professional judgment on a case-by-case basis for students who meet the requirements of an appeal. For more information on the appeals below you may either Contact Us using your CSN student email or schedule an appointment with Financial Aid Online who will review your account and provide guidance.
2020-2021 (Fall 2020- Summer 2021)
- 2020-2021 Request for Consideration of Special Circumstances
- 2020-2021 Request for Change in Dependency
- 2020-2021 SAP Appeal Form
- 2020-2021 SAP Reinstatement Form
- 2020-2021 Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request
2021-2022 (Fall 2021-Summer 2022)
- 2021-2022 Request for Consideration of Special Circumstances
- 2021-2022 Request for Change in Dependency
- 2021-2022 SAP Appeal Form
- 2021-2022 SAP Reinstatement Form
- 2021-2022 Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request
To utilize your student loan eligibility, please download and complete the appropriate loan request form below (directions for electronic submission are included with each form).
2020-2021 (Fall 2020- Summer 2021)
- 2020-2021 Federal Direct Loan Application
- 2020-2021 Federal Direct Parent Plus Loan Application
- 2020-2021 Alternative Loan Request Form
- 2020 - 2021 Summer Loan Request
- 2020 - 2021 Summer Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Application
2021-2022 (will be available when Fall 2021 enrollment opens)
Direct Loan Forms must be notarized and stamped by an in-person notary service (online notaries are not accepted). In addition, please submit a color copy of an unexpired government photo ID, include the front and back of the ID. You can email the forms to Contact Us or mail them to the address located at the bottom.
The following forms can be submitted electronically to be processed.
2020-2021 (Fall 2020 - Summer 2021)
- 2020-2021 Release of Information Form
- 2020-2021 Request for Change to Financial Aid Form
- 2020-2021 Unusual Enrollment History
2021-2022 (Fall 2021 - Summer 2022)
- 2021-2022 Release of Information Form
- 2021-2022 Request for Change to Financial Aid Form
- 2021-2022 Unusual Enrollment History
The College of Southern Nevada Financial Aid Office is dedicated to assisting our students to the best of our abilities; we are working remotely, and our on-campus offices are closed. Currently, all financial aid forms can be submitted either electronically or by mail.
CSN Financial Aid Office
6375 West Charleston Blvd
Sort Code WCD126
Las Vegas, NV 89146