Welcome to Southern Nevada’s only public planetarium, where the stars are literally the stars of the show. Our 68-seat theater features an Evans & Sutherland Digistar 5 high definition hemispheric video projection system that creates virtual realities on an impressive dome surrounding the audience.
We present different events and shows to the general public on weekends and to local schools on weekday mornings. In addition, the Las Vegas Astronomical Society calls our planetarium home, and the CSN college astronomy professors use the facilities during introductory astronomy courses.
Clear Sky Chart
School Field Trips offered: 9:30 am and 11:00 am (year-round)
Public Programs: Friday Evening: 6 pm, 7 pm and 8 pm
Saturday Afternoon and Evening: 3:30 pm, 6 pm, 7 pm and 8 pm
Observation: Following the 8 pm shows in the student observatory (weather permitting)
Astronomy Hot Line: 702-651-4SKY (702-651-4759)
NASA Educator Resource Center: 702-651-4505 (for show reservations)
Astronomy Voice Line: 702-651-4138
Mailing Address The Planetarium
College of Southern Nevada
Sort Code CYS143
3200 E. Cheyenne Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89030-4296
The Astronomy Store
- 5:30 pm to 9 pm Friday
- 3:30 - 4:30 pm and 5:30 - 9 pm Saturday
The Astronomy Store features all types of astronomy related products for sale when patrons purchase their planetarium tickets. From posters, models, astronaut ice cream and fruit, scientific toys, model rocketry materials, Space Pens and astronomical observing aids, the store provides a wide selection of fun, educational items for kids and adults alike.
Friends of The Planetarium receive a 10% discount.
The Planetarium is located on CSN's North Las Vegas Campus, one mile east of the I-15 / Cheyenne Rd. interchange in North Las Vegas.
- NASA Space Place - space related educational resources
- The Planetary Society - Planetarium partner
- Las Vegas Astronomical Society - local amateur astronomy group
- Pacific Planetarium Association
- Other Planetaria in the World - courtesy of Loch Ness Productions
- Satellites visible from Las Vegas - courtesy of Heavens-Above.com
- CHOLLA Consortium
- NASA Nevada Space Grant Consortium - a source for scholarships & fellowships in Science & Technology