DWED Assessment Center & Services
The Assessment Center is part of the Division of Workforce and Economic Development (DWED).
Its goal is to deliver a quality assessment program that’s grounded in supporting the division and the College of Southern Nevada’s mission.
Goals of the Assessment Center:
To systemize an evolving and all-inclusive program to include:
- Communicate data regarding assessments to the Division of Workforce and Economic Development (DWED) and to CSN
- HiSet -state-issued high school equivalency credential allowing you to advance your career, join the military, begin a training program, or continue your education.
- WorkKeys- The assessments measure foundational skills required for success in the workplace and help measure the workplace skills that can affect job performance.
- Additionally, individuals who successfully complete the three WorkKeys assessments—Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents—earn the WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate a valuable credential for students and job seekers seeking to verify foundational workplace skills.
Friday & Saturday 9am-2pm
Last Seating: Thursday 5:45pm; Friday & Saturday 12:45pm
Sahara West Center
2409 Las Verdes Street
Las Vegas, NV 89102
- ID is required for all exams.
- For proctored exams and CSN instructor exams, you will need a valid and unexpired ID: a government-issued ID or an ID with name, picture, and either date of birth or signature.
- Please note other institutions have stricter requirements or proof of ID to test.
- CSN IDs are not valid for testing.
- If you are a current CCSD student, a recent year ID from your high school is acceptable.
- Photos/Phone pictures of ID are not Valid Forms of ID.
- Please observe our cut-off times. These times are designed to be fair to all students.
- Please observe decorum and respect our quiet environment. Disturbances in the Testing Center are grounds for security and/or police action.
- All students are treated as if they are 18 or older. We are not granted access to student lists and cannot divulge test scores or student information to anyone other than the student.
- It is the student's responsibility to know what exams they need when they arrive for testing. The DWED Assessment Center staff will not know which exam you need.
- Exam Appointments are for a single exam.
Prohibited Items While Testing Include
Electronics are not allowed in the testing rooms without authorization. (Cell phones and watches will never be admitted into the rooms.) To this end, the DWED Assessment Center will secure these items. If you have issues securing your electronics, please leave your electronics at home or in your vehicle.
- Sunglasses or eyewear other than prescription glasses
- Hats or hoods:
- Religious or medical attire may be allowed after inspection.
- If attached, hoods must not cover the head or be adjusted during the examination.
- Electronic devices
- Unauthorized calculators
- Bluetooth devices
- Pets or animals. Marked service animals are exempt.
- Children or another family:
- No one other than staff and test-takers is allowed in the testing rooms.
- Children are not allowed to be left unattended in the lobby/common areas during testing. Staff is required by CSN policy to report any children left alone.
These items may be allowed per exam instructions.
- Books or notes: All items are under the seat, not on the table/desk.
Personal items that are not part of the exam are kept under the seat; this includes purses, backpacks, and/or portfolios.
UNLV TRiO: HiSET Exam practice test is offered through the UNLV TRiO Center. Pass the practice test, and you may be eligible to receive a voucher to take the actual HiSET test at no cost to you. Contact: Gladys Santisteban (702) 774-4200. www.unlv.edu/caeo/tti
Diploma Sender: Once you pass all five subjects of your HiSET test, your scores will be automatically
sent to Diploma Sender. To verify the status of your order, please create an account at: www.diplomasender.com
Workforce Connections: Please note that if you are currently unemployed or underemployed, you may be eligible to take these assessments for free at Workforce Connections One-Stop Career Center. You can reach them to ask about enrolling in services by calling 702-822-4200. nvworkforceconnections.org