Environmental Health & Safety
The College of Southern Nevada is committed to the safety, health, and well-being of all members of the College community.
Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) supports a safe learning and working environment by providing a broad range of environmental compliance and occupational health and safety services that support the overall mission of CSN. These services are designed to protect personnel, the environment, and our facilities while promoting compliance with applicable laws, regulations, codes, and standards.
EH&S also provides incident management, hazardous materials and waste management, hazard evaluation and mitigation, information and training programs, and environmental health and safety consulting and inspection services. For more information, please visit one of the safety categories below.
Submit EH&S Report or Request
Proactive report all safety concerns, unsafe conditions, and near-accidents to EH&S.
All injuries, illnesses, or exposures that happen to employees, students, contractors, and visitors on CSN premises should be reported to EH&S.
If you have hazardous or regulated waste that needs to be collected for proper disposal, please complete the form below. Hazardous Waste includes: Biohazardous/ Medical Waste, Hazardous Waste (ignitable, reactive, toxic, corrosive), Regulated Non-Hazardous Waste, Universal Waste (batteries, pesticides, mercury containing devices, lamps).
Obtain EHS Restricted Commodity Approval prior to purchasing:
- Chemicals (including commercially available household products)
- Compressed Gases
- Hazardous Materials
Chemicals that are being ordered for the “first time” by a department require New Chemical approval from the EHS Department. This is to ensure that Safety Data Sheets (SDS) are available and that all safety and regulatory requirements are in place prior to the chemical arriving on campus. This New Chemical approval is required regardless of purchase method (i.e., P-Card, requisition, free vendor samples, etc.).
Once approval is obtained, the purchaser may use the approval for subsequent purchases of the same chemical or hazardous product.
New chemicals and restricted commodities are not to be purchased/used until Approval is obtained by EHS.
EH&S Procedures and Documents
Lab Safety Procedures
- CSN Chemical Hygiene Plan
- CSN Hazard Communication Plan
- CSN Hazardous Waste Management Procedure
- CSN Laboratory Inspection Procedure
- CSN Laboratory Safety Manual
- CSN Lab Student Safety Information Sheet
- CSN Transporting Biological Materials in Private Motor Vehicles
- EHS New Chemical and Restricted Commodity Approval Procedure
Submit a Request
Lab Safety Training
CSN Safety Data Sheets Library
- CSN Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan
- CSN Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Guidelines
- CSN Compressed Gas Safety Procedure
- CSN Confined Space Entry Procedure
- CSN Corrosive Liquids Storage, Handling, and Use Procedure
- CSN Flammable Liquids Storage, Handling, and Use Procedure
- CSN Hot Work Program
- CSN Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklift) Program
- CSN Radiation Safety Manual
- CSN Voluntary Use of Air-Purifying Respirators
|Carey Sedlacek, EH&S Director||702-651-3558|
|Steven Ross, EH&S Assistant Director||702-651-7596|
|Daniel Quintana II, Environmental|
|Chemical/ Bio Waste|
|Elizabeth (Beth), Phelps, Safety|
|Eva Berik, EH&S Specialist||PPE & Supplies|
|Terri Bryson, Analyst-Regulatory|