CSN is committed to excellence. In an effort to better understand potential obstacles at CSN, we have provided this form to be utilized by students or visitors.
The form below is to report potential issues or complaints you may be having with your online classes. If you are experiencing technical issues, please email Help.Desk@ csn.edu or call 702-651-HELP (4357) for technical support.
Student Complaint Process
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) has established a process of addressing student complaints, including complaints involving deceptive trade practices and other acts of fraud as outlined below. CSN students must file any complaint initially with CSN.
Deceptive Trade Practices and Acts of Fraud Prohibited
Deceptive trade practices and other acts of fraud are prohibited including, but not limited to the following:
1. To intentionally and materially represent falsely, directly or by implication any statement or representation, oral, written, or visual, in connection with the offering of educational services, including but not limited to statements or representations relating to recruitment and marketing information; tuition, fees and other charges; and admissions information;
2. To adopt a name, trade name, or trademark that represents falsely, directly or by implication, the quality, scope, nature, size, or integrity of the institution or its educational services;
3. To represent, directly or by implication, that students who successfully complete a course or program of instruction may transfer the credits earned to any institution of higher education;
4. To intentionally and materially represent falsely, directly or by implication, in its advertising or promotional materials or in any other manner, the size, location, facilities, or equipment of the institution; the number or educational experience qualifications of its faculty; the extent or nature of any approval received from any state agency; or the extent or nature of any accreditation received from any accrediting agency or association; or
5. To provide prospective students with testimonials, endorsements, or other information that materially misleads or deceives prospective students or the public regarding current practices of the institution.
If a student does not feel their online learning complaint is properly resolved by CSN, they can file a complaint withNevada’s SARA Portal Entity, the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).
Other types of student appeals at CSN:
Student Grade Appeal Policy
Excess Credit Fee Appeal
Academic Suspension and Refund Appeal