In CSN’s continual efforts to help our students succeed, a set of notebook computers for CSN students were procured. These are intended to help those students without the proper technology to be able to graduate, transfer, and prosper.
Obtain a Laptop
Check your eligibility. To be eligible, students must be enrolled in the current semester, have paid for their classes or have a payment plan in place, and have no outstanding issues with their account or student status. To check if you currently qualify, please click the button below or log in to GoCSN and click on the Laptop Eligibility tile. One laptop per student.
Attend a Handout Event or Book an appointment
OTS will be available at the below events handing out laptops to enrolled students who have not already received a laptop. We will update the events list as they are scheduled.
- Summer Academy, June 5th at 9:00 - 10:30 AM
- HN Student Union, Room 126
- NLV Student Union, Room 126
- WC Building D, Room 101
- More events coming soon
Book an appointment
If you are unable to attend one of the handout events, book an appointment with our team at one of the three main campuses. Campus hours are limited, so pick the date, time, and location that works best for you. All appointments can be made using the button below. Use the link in your appointment confirmation email to reschedule your appointment if needed. All available appointments will be reflected on the booking site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Qualifies? Due to federal funding, we are now able to offer laptops to all students who are enrolled in the current semester and who need these devices to help them succeed in meeting their educational goals. To be eligible, students must be enrolled in the current semester, have paid for their classes or have a payment plan in place, and have no outstanding issues with their account or student status.
Is the Computer a Loaner? No, these computers are being provided to students to help with their academic career at CSN and beyond.
What Happens When the Student Graduates? The computer is theirs to keep to assist them in their next adventure.
How Are the Students Getting the Computers? Pick-up Events will be scheduled throughout the semester. Please continue to check your student email for upcoming laptop handout events. We will try to attend student events as we can.
How Does the Student Identify Themselves When Receiving Their Notebook? Students will be required to log into a checkout computer with their regular CSN Student Account (the one used for MyCSN, Canvas, GoCSN, etc.). You should also read the below Terms and Conditions so you are aware of your responsibility for the device.
What’s the fine print? You will need to agree to the Terms and Conditions below when you decide to get your laptop.
Terms and Conditions
- One laptop and charger are being provided to you and are in good working order. It is your responsibility to care for the equipment and ensure that it is retained in a safe environment.
- You will be responsible for purchasing any accessory computer equipment (i.e. mouse, headphones, web camera, flash drives, etc.).
- The equipment is being provided to you, as an enrolled student at the College of Southern Nevada, to assist with your educational success and to assist with your finding a job upon graduation.
- If the laptop equipment is lost, stolen or damaged while in your possession, you will not be issued a replacement device, and you agree to indemnify CSN against any claim occurring during or resulting from your possession or use of this laptop, including, but not limited to any claim for infringement or violation of applicable trademarks and copyrights attributable to your use of this laptop.
Is There Internet Connectivity Included? Some of these laptops can be fitted with wireless 4G LTE cards that can be used to attach to services with your preferred cellular provider. This access is over multiple bandwidths (Band 66 and Band 71) which provides expanded access even in rural locations. CSN does not provide internet access to these devices. Additionally, these devices have the ability to connect to any WiFi service or hotspot that the student has access to.
What Software Comes on the Devices? These devices are pre-loaded with Windows 10 Pro, however, all students at CSN have access to 5 licenses of Office 365 for free while they are students at the college, and other student software discounts for products such as the Adobe Creative Cloud are available. See Learning Remotely for more information.
What Kind of Device is This?
MAESTRO eBOOK 11.6 4G LTE Notebook
Intel Celeron N3350/1.1 GHz
Quectel EC25-AF 4G LTE - Bands 66 & 71
Windows 10 Pro
Intel HD Graphics 500
11.6" TN 1366 x 768 (HD)
4 GB DDR3L-2400 SDRAM
64GB Hard Drive
Lithium-ion polymer battery 7.4v /7.6v
3 year warranty
FCC & PTCRB Certified