Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa is the international honor society of two-year colleges. It is the largest honor society in American higher education, with more than 1.5 million members and 1,200 chapters located in all 50 states and abroad. Phi Theta Kappa has become one of the largest and most prestigious honor societies in the world! Phi Theta Kappa offers its members scholarship, leadership, fellowship and service opportunities. Members are acknowledged for their outstanding academic achievement at graduation as well as having their membership notated on their transcripts and diploma. For more information about membership benefits and to find out if Phi Theta Kappa is right for you, visit the Phi Theta Kappa International Web Site at www.ptk.org
What are the benefits to joining Phi Theta Kappa?
- Notation of Phi Theta Kappa membership on your college diploma and transcript
- A formal induction ceremony to welcome you into the honor society
- Receive the Phi Theta Kappa Golden Key Membership Pin, Certificate, and ID Card
- Recognition by wearing Phi Theta Kappa Commencement Regalia during the college's graduation ceremony in May
- Access to exclusive scholarships
- Opportunities for professional development
- Leadership opportunities (chapter officers, regional officers, & international officers)
- Network with similar students at our monthly meetings
- A prestigious addition to the academic portion of your résumé
- A key point when discussing your education during job interviews
How Do I Join?
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa is by invitation only. All eligible students receive an invitation to join once each semester. To be eligible, students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and completed a minimum of 12 college-level units at CSN. Invitations are sent out the semester following when both criteria are met. Please note that Phi Theta Kappa and CSN have specific deadlines that must be met for application processing, so please act promptly. If you receive an invitation but do not attend one of the orientations listed or wait a few months to respond and apply on-line, you may not be able to join.
Is There a Fee?
Yes, there is a one-time $100 fee. When you join Phi Theta Kappa, you automatically become a member of your local chapter, Alpha Xi Beta, the Nevada/California Region, and Phi Theta Kappa International. These fees help cover the operating costs of all three organizations.
For a faster response, please email our Public Relations Officer at the following email address:
Please note that Alpha Xi Beta is closed during the summer.