Short Term Courses
We get it, one start date doesn’t fit everyone’s schedule.
There's still time to take classes at CSN this semester!
Take a class or two and start your degree or earn transfer credits! Classes are back in person! We offer dozens of short-term and late start courses for every interest. Click one of the following shortcuts to go directly to the information you need:
4-Week and 8-Week Short-Term and Late Start Classes
These courses begin on specific dates throughout the fall 2023 semester. Click on one to see the courses available.
Late Start/Short Term Courses Beginning Nov. 20, 2023
These four-week courses still have seats available.
ECE - Early Childhood Education
ECE 155 2201 - Literacy and the Young Child (Class #91948)
ECE 156 2201 - Music in the Preschool Curriculum (Class #87832)
EDU - Education
EDU 212 1404 - Family Involvement (Class #87882)
PSY - Psychology
PSY 101 1441 - General Psychology (Class #91896)
PSY 101 1442 - General Psychology (Class #91987)
SOC - Sociology
SOC 101 1441 - Principles of Sociology (Class #91979)
Other Short-Term/Late Start Courses
These courses begin on various dates throughout the fall 2023 semester. Click on a month to see which courses may still be available.
Scroll down to see the start dates for various courses with seats still available during November 2023.
Beginning November 6, 2023
ABDY - Automotive Technology, Collision and Repair
ABDY 122B 2001 - Non-Structural Body and Panel and Trim (Class #89867)
ABDY 152B 2001 - Structural II (Class #89868)
AUTO - Automotive Technology
AUTO 145B 2001 - Automotive Breaks (Class #89503)
AUTO 235B 2001 - Engine Performance III/Diagnostics (Class #89574)
AUTO 245B 2001 - Power Train Removal and Replacement (Class #89584)
AUTO 285B 2001 - Hybrid Vehicle Service Techniques (Class #89580)
DT - Diesel Technology
DT 165 2001 - Diesel/Heavy Equipment Heating, Air Conditioning (Class #89636)
Beginning November 20, 2023
ET - Engineering Technology
ET 238B 2002 - Device Peripherals (Class #91958)
How to Register for Short-Term/Late Start Courses
Follow These Steps!
- Click the "Login" button on the top right of this page.
- Click on the "MyCSN" tile.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Click on the "MyCSN Student Center" hyperlink.
- Under the Academics section, click the "Enroll" hyperlink.
- Enter the class number of the course you wish to take in the "Enter Class Nbr" field and then click on the "Enter" button -or - Enter your search parameters, such as the semester (Fall 2022), course prefix in the "Subject Box" (such as COM or PSY), and course number (such as 100, 101, etc.) in the "Course Number" box and then click Search.
- Then locate the class you want to register for from the list and click the "Select" button.
- Click the "Next" button.
- If you want to register for more classes, repeat steps 6 through 8.
- Review your list of courses and click the "Proceed to Step 2 of 3" button.
- Click on the "Finish Enrolling" button.
- You will be informed whether or not your registration was successful. If not, you will be given a reason why it was not successful.
*Please note, a late-start course is worth the same number of credits as a full 16-week class, but the coursework is condensed into the shorter class timeframe. Due to this, please be prepared for more accelerated coursework and a more intense academic experience than a traditional 16-week class*
Short-Term/Late Start Course Deadlines
|09/24/23||-- Last Day to Register for Second Four-Week courses|
|09/25/23||-- First Day of Instruction for Second Four-Week courses|
|09/27/23||-- Last Day for 50% Refund for Second Four-Week courses|
|10/22/23||-- Last Day to Register for Second Eight-Week and Third Four-Week courses|
|10/23/23||-- First Day of Instruction for Second Eight-Week and Third Four-Week courses|
|10/25/23||-- Last Day for 50% Refund for Second Eight-Week and Third 4-Week courses|
|11/19/23||-- Last Day to Register for Fourth Four-Week courses|
|11/20/23||-- First Day of Instruction Fourth Four-Week courses|
|11/22/23||-- Last Day for 50% Refund for Fourth Four-Week courses|
|12/17/23||-- Fall 2023 Semester ends|