CSN’s Prison Education Program offers incarcerated students a transformative opportunity to pursue higher education. As part of CSN’s commitment to social justice and educational equity, students can enroll in college courses, earn certificates and degrees, all while accessing academic and career counseling. The program features a supportive learning community among students, faculty, and staff focused on student development and reducing recidivism.
CSN Prison Education provides southern Nevada’s incarcerated students with college access to enhance their knowledge and skills in critical-thinking, problem-solving, and work-readiness.
What We Do
- Provide educational opportunities to increase employability for incarcerated students
- Assist in transitioning from incarceration into higher education
- Provide college readiness and general education courses towards earning an Associate of Business or an Associate of Arts degree
- Career and technical education training in high demand career fields including, Tourism, Convention, and Event planning, and the Culinary Arts
- Provide academic and career advising
- Connect students to community re-entry programs
CSN Prison Education Goals
- Reduce recidivism and improve quality of life for the individual, their families, and the wider community
- Increase program offerings to include HVAC, IT, and other programs with the implementation of electronic tablets in Spring 2025
How to Get Involved
The CSN Prison Education Program is open to housing units designated by each facility. Prospective students must contact their caseworker for more information on how to register for college classes through CSN’s Prison Education Program. Student must apply and register themselves directly through CSN. Students cannot enroll by phone or by proxy.
Casa Grande Transitional Housing Center houses up to 400 residents who are actively working to re-enter society by securing work and housing. They are located at 3955 W Russell Road, Las Vegas, NV 891185
Florence McClure Women’s Correctional Center is a medium-to-maximum security women’s prison that houses up to 950 inmates and has approximately 171 staff members. They are located at 4370 Smiley Road, Las Vegas, NV 89115
High Desert State Prison is a medium-to-maximum security men’s prison that houses up to 4,176 inmates and has approximately 494 staff members. They are located at 22010 Cold Creek Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89166
Jean Conservation Camp houses up to 240 minimum custody female inmates and has approximately 18 staff members. They provide training programs for various conservation and community assistance projects including wildland fire suppression and highway cleanup. They are located at 3 Prison Road, Jean, NV 89019
Southern Desert Correctional Center is a minimum-security men’s prison that houses up to 2,149 inmates and has approximately 268 staff members. They are located at 20825 Cold Creek Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89166
NLV Campus - N212
Coordinator - TBD