Welcome new students to the College of Southern Nevada! As you begin your academic experience, we hope that you take full advantage of the opportunities our institution has to offer. Student Affairs is committed to meeting the needs of all students and will help you achieve your academic goals. We are delighted that you have chosen to pursue your academic career with CSN!
Coyote Orientation & Registration Events help uncover answers to your questions, introduce you to student resources and services, connect with faculty and staff, and create an your first semester class schedule. Our program is designed to help you make a successful transition to CSN and college life. Participating in orientation is an important step for all new students and is MANDATORY for all incoming recent high school graduates. CORE events provide new students with the opportunity to complete the First Steps Process, which includes Orientation, Placement Testing, and Advising all in one day.
Our goal at C.O.R.E. is for students to experience the following learning outcomes:
- Develop a value for the importance of community within CSN
- Enhance knowledge of career paths, degrees, and student success
- Cultivate an awareness and exposure to CSN Campus Resources
- Communicate students' rights and responsibilities
- Understand where to locate academic advising help
- Enhance knowledge of student activities, student leadership and service-learning opportunities
- Complete the first steps enrollment process
For more detailed information and to schedule to attend CORE, please register for CORE.