CSN President's Scholarship
CSN prides itself on our graduating High School class. The Financial Aid Department and Academic Affairs worked together to create a scholarship to assist our high school graduates to become CSN graduates. Through hard work and dedication, many students are very close to completing an Associate's degree with CSN after high school graduation.
To support your continued success, CSN is offering a one-time CSN President's Scholarship to complete your degree for up to $3,000 for fall and spring ($1,500 per semester) immediately after you graduate . Please review the following information to see how to qualify and maintain qualification for the following semester.
Scholarship Qualifying Criteria:
- Graduate from CSN High School with a weighted GPA of 3.0.
- Complete a free apllication for financial aid (FAFSA) with the CSN school code (010362).
- To complete the 2017-18 FASFA, please visit: www.fafsa.ed.gov then click: Start a new FAFSA, click: “put in student information”, click “find the 2017-18 FAFSA,” fill it out and submit it.
- Enroll in 12 credits at CSN for each semester in courses that are required for your declared major.
Priority Deadline: August 1, 2017
CSN High School will provide the Financial Aid Department with a list of graduating students with a 3.0 weighted GPA. Those students seeking this award must have a completed FAFSA with the CSN school code (010362) and be enrolled full time in Fall 2017 at CSN to qualify for the award.
- Priority given to students enrolling full time for the 2017-2018 academic year at CSN.
- Eligibility for Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters only.
- Students not attending full time in classes listed on declared degree Fall 2017, because student has less than 12 credit hours to graduate, may be eligible for a prorated amount. Students will need to meet with a counselor, and email a copy of the completed degree sheet that shows student needs less than 12 credits to graduate to qualify for a prorated amount.
- Students completing their final semester and graduating in Summer 2017 may also be eligible for a prorated amount. Students will need to meet with a counselor and email the completed degree sheet to be considered for the scholarship.
Maintain eligibility for Spring, 2018 (SAP):
Scholarship Awardees must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress for continued eligibility. Please visit https://www.csn.edu/satisfactory-academic-progress for more information regarding CSN's SAP policy.
Benefits of completing an Associate's Degree at CSN:
- Most four year colleges and universities in and outside of Nevada are also more likely to accept all credits from your Associate’s degree rather than just transferring in some of the college credits that you earned while at CSN High School.
- CSN has world class professors who not only have graduate degrees, but most have “real world” experience in the field that they are teaching in. Your professors maintain several office hours each week to help support you in reaching your success. Additionally, you will really get to know your professors and other students at CSN since our class sizes are smaller than you will find at most four year colleges/universities.
- CSN prides itself on providing free and unlimited access to an array of academic success support services to help you succeed in your courses. Services like one-on-one tutoring in a variety of subjects, drop in tutorial support centers in writing, math, reading, communication, accounting, international languages and more as well access to online 24/7 tutoring are all at your disposal at CSN. We also provide world class library resources with dedicated instructional librarians who are standing by to assist you. All this, with free parking at all our campuses.
Information on additional Scholarships:
CSN wishes to thank all the current scholarship donors for their continued support. It is through their thoughtfulness and support that many CSN students are able to continue their education and change their lives.