CSN New Student Orientation is available to complete online. To access the online orientation: Select this New Student Orientation Link
- Complete the New Student Orientation online
- Save or print your Orientation Completion Certificate for your records
- In addition to Online Orientation, you now have an opportunity to attend a live CORE Virtual Engagement Event completely online
- Select to register for one of the listed events in the "Get Connected" portion of the New Student Online Orientation.
If you have any questions concerning orientation or need further assistance, please Email Us.
Our office is working remotely and will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
CORE VIRTUAL ENGAGEMENT EVENTS ARE HERE!!
The Office of First Year Experience & Student Success Initiatives introduces a live virtual alternative to in-person CORE sessions. At CORE Virtual Engagement Events you will connect with the CSN community, learn about the many resources and support services CSN has to offer, and meet faculty, staff and services in our live Virtual Resource Fair.
As a result of completing orientation, our goals are for students to experience the following learning outcomes:
- Develop a value for the importance of community within CSN
- Enhance knowledge of career paths, degrees, and student success
- Cultivate an awareness and exposure to CSN campus resources
- Communicate students’ rights and responsibilities
- Understand where and when to obtain academic advising help
- Enhance knowledge of student activities, student leadership and service-learning opportunities
- Complete the first steps enrollment process
Orientation will help answer questions that are common to new students, introduce you to student resources and services, connect you with faculty, staff, and other students, and put you on the path to a successful transition to CSN and college life. At CSN, we have a two-part process for orientation.
Part 1. Complete the required new student online orientation. You can access the New Student Online Orientation link in the box above or below the picture to begin the orientation.
Part 2. Attend an optional but recommended live online CORE Virtual Engagement Event using the Microsoft Teams applictation. Reminder, you must activate your CSN student email account located in GoCSN in order to download the appropriate Microsoft Teams Application to participate in CORE Virtual Engagement Events. These sessions are highly recommended and will elevate your orientation experience at CSN.
To complete New Student Online Orientation, select the button below.
New Transfer Students
Event just Added!! Click here to register for upcoming Transferring to CSN Event December 16th, 2020. New transfer students are welcome and encouraged to attend our CORE Virtual Engagement Events to learn about resources and services available to transfer students. Orientation is an incredible opportunity for transfer students new to CSN to connect with the CSN community. A representative from the Office of Admissions and Records is present at all CORE Events to answer questions about the transfer process. By attending CORE Virtual Engagement Events, you will become a member of the CORE Resource Channel where a Virtual Resource Fair is held. Once a member of the CORE Resource Channel, you have the ability to interact, chat, and even video conference with various staff from the CSN community. To register to attend a CORE Virtual Engagement event, select the CORE Virtual Engagement link, go to the calendar and select a highlighted date to register for the event. For additional admissions information about transferring to CSN, please visit Transferring to CSN.
For further information on registering for CORE Virtual Engagement Events or accessing new student online orientation, contact us at Contact Us.