Financial Aid Online
While our on-campus offices are closed to the public; we would like to offer students that wish to meet with a Financial Aid Office representative an option. Please be aware that students must be able to show a valid federal or state photo ID that we can view through your camera for any discussions regarding your financial aid file.
Wait times may vary to meet with a Financial Aid representative, by submitting the FA Online Request, you are sending a request to meet as soon as possible. Our virtual hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday. Any requests sent after 4:00pm cannot be accommodated and you will NOT receive a response from our office (we accept only same day appointments). If all appointments have been filled and we can no longer accept appointments PRIOR to 4:00pm, you will receive a reply declining your request.
CSN uses WebEx Meetings (a video conferencing tool that allows our staff to meet you online). It is a great way to meet face-to-face and you can utilize it both as a desktop or mobile application. Please download the Webex Meetings app that fits your needs.
Please click FA Online Request to request an online appointment with a financial aid representative. Financial aid staff is available by email and by phone during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 702-651-4303. Some of your questions may be answered in our online FAQs.
CSN Mission Graduation Scholarship
Creating Opportunities and Enriching Lives
The College of Southern Nevada has created the Mission Graduation Scholarship for students that are in their final semester to graduate. The Financial Aid Department would like to alleviate stress that may be felt as students try to achieve their educational goals.
We are looking for students that have completed their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have attempted enough credits to achieve the degree they currently have declared with CSN. We would like to encourage these students to meet with their counselor and determine if they are in their final semester for graduation.
Funding is limited and will be awarded on a first come/first serve basis. Applications should be submitted at the beginning of the graduating semester to allow time for processing. Once funds are exhausted, no additional students can be considered. Due to limitation of funds, we are unable to award this program retroactively (previous semester or previous academic years).
Maximum award amount is $2,000 at full-time enrollment (12 credits or more). Students needing less than fulltime to graduate will be considered for an amount prorated based on your enrollment level. (Offered during Fall & Spring semesters only.)
Funding is limited to only classes leading to the graduating degree(s) approved by the counselor. Please note that students using a substitution waiver in the funded semester must have this noted on the Signed Degree Sheet for eligibility.
Students in their final semester for graduation may qualify for this scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Must meet one of the following:
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher at CSN.
- Have an Academic Satisfactory Progress pace of 80% or higher at CSN (You can find this information on your Satisfactory Progress Letter that the Financial Aid Department sends to students).
- Completed 2019-20 FAFSA and turned in any documents listed on students “To Do” list.
- Registration must have a completed Application for Graduation on file.
- Met with an Academic Counselor/Advisor and provided a signed degree sheet confirming student will be eligible to graduate at the completion of the term. Students may use a sub-waiver if the signed degree sheet is clearly indicated for the class/es being substituted for eligibility to graduate.
**Please note, this scholarship is for Fall and Spring semesters only**
Students must submit the following attachments: (Please click the Submit Forms button below to complete the Mission Graduation Info Form and to send additional attachments.)
1. Completed Mission Graduation Info Form
2. Signed Degree sheet from Counselor/Advisor
3. Emailed response from Registrar's Graduation confirming receipt of application to graduate.
All attachments must be legible. Students will receive a confirmation email within one week to confirm that data provided has been received.
*Please use Internet Explorer or Firefox when submitting documents.