I've been teaching at CSN since the fall of 1996, spent three years as the Math Department Chair, and have served in the Faculty Senate for several years. Together with Professor Yates, I have authored textbooks for MATH 120 (published by Cognella Academic Publishing) and MATH 104B (free PDF available online).
My office is located on the Charleston Campus, in Building H, Room 101Q. Since most of my classes are online, my office hours are also virtual. I make every effort to answer email on the same day it is received, with many replies being within a couple hours. If you desire a face-to-face meeting, you can schedule an appointment with me via the contact information listed above.
SPRING 2021 Courses
- MATH 104B-1001 & -1002: 16-Week Asynchronous Online Classes
Syllabus | CSN Canvas | Textbook (NOTE: Due to significant content changes, earlier editions are unacceptable.)
- MATH 120-1018, -3003 & -3010: 16-Week Asynchronous/Remote Online Classes
Syllabus | Cognella Active Learning | Textbook and Active Learning Purchasing Information
- IMPORTANT: The book and Active Learning access may cost around $111 at the CSN Bookstore. Once it becomes available, you will be able to get the book and Active Learning access for as little as $70.95 (180-Day Ebook). (NOTE: Due to significant content changes, earlier editions are unacceptable.)
- Section 1018 is a fully online, asynchronous class with no formal meeting pattern.
- Section 3003 is classified as an online synchronous "remote" class. All the work will be done online, and there will be weekly class sessions in a Big Blue Button chat room accessible via a link provided in the Active Learning. The sessions will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:30AM.
- Section 3010 is also classified as an online synchronous "remote" class. All the work will be done online, and there will be weekly class sessions in the same Big Blue Button chat room as Section 3003, but they will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays at 4:30PM.
- The students in all three sections will be placed in the same Active Learning shell and are welcome to attend any of the class sessions. Morning and evening sessions taking place on the same day will cover the same material. At least one of the two daily sessions will be recorded and a link to the recording will be posted on the course Discussion Board in the Active Learning.
- M.S., Mathematics, 1996, Purdue University Calumet
- Post-Bacc. Certificate, Statistics, 1996, Purdue Calumet
- B.S., Mathematics (Education Emphasis), 1992, Purdue