The mission of the Faculty Senate is to ensure faculty participation in the formulation and evaluation of College of Southern Nevada (CSN) policies and goals.
- The Faculty Senate promotes inclusiveness, tenure, collegiality, academic quality, progressive instructional programs, and the betterment of the institution as a whole by fostering and protecting shared governance.
- Serving as a liaison between faculty, administration, the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) and Board of Regents, the Faculty Senate provides a mechanism for the entire faculty and staff to participate in the decision-making process of CSN.
- The Faculty Senate supports academic freedom and the College's ongoing mission of student success.
2023 – 2024 Faculty Senate Meetings
All Senate Meetings will be in person. There will not be any Teams simulcasts.
Any Senator utilizing a proxy MUST inform the Senate Chair and Secretary at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, the proxy will not be allowed to vote and the Senator will be marked absent. Proxies must represent the same constituents, but cannot be a current Senator.
Friday, September 1, 2023, 1-5PM - WC B102 - Agenda
Friday, October 6, 2023, 1-5PM - North Las Vegas Campus, Room H207
Friday, November 3, 2023, 1-5PM - Henderson Campus, Room C133
Friday, December 8, 2023, 1-5PM - Charleston Campus, Room B102
Friday, February 2, 2024, 1-5PM - North Las Vegas Campus, Room H207
Friday, March 8, 2024, 1-5PM - Henderson Campus, Room C133
Friday, April 5, 2024, 1-5PM - Charleston Campus, Room B102
Friday, May 3, 2024, 1-5PM - North Las Vegas Campus, Room H207
Standard Syllabus Elements
Sample Syllabus Statements
GetTech Software (Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud)
How to Install Cisco WebEx Teams
eLearning Faculty Resources
Remote Learning, Teaching and Working
The following Standing Committees are created and charged under Article VII, Section 7.3 of the Faculty Senate Bylaws.
- Executive (and Variance) Committee
- Academic Standards Committee
- Budget Committee
- Bylaws and Rules Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Elections Committee
- Evaluation and Workload Committee
- Instructional Technology Committee
- Professional Advancement Committee
- Sabbatical Committee
- Salary and Benefits Committee
- Travel Committee
The following Continuing Committees are created and charged by a majority vote of the Faculty Senate, in accordance with Article VII, Section 7.4 of the Faculty Senate Bylaws.
- Assessment Committee
- Bookstore Advisory Committee
- Environmental Strategies Committee
- Ethics Committee
- Legislative Action Committee
- Student Success Committee
2023-2024 Faculty Senate
|Patrick Villa, Faculty Senate Chair |
Valerie Conner, Faculty Senate Chair-Elect
Tracy Sherman, Faculty Senate Past Chair
|School of Advanced and Applied Technologies|
|School of Arts and Letters|
|School of Business, Hospitality and Public Services |
|School of Education, Behavioral and Social Sciences |
|Engelstad School of Health Sciences |
|School of Science, Engineering and Mathematics |
|Contingent Senators |