Employment while in F-1 Status
International Students may work under limited conditions.
To be eligible for on-campus employment, students must:
- Be registered full-time and in good status.
- Submit that letter to their on-campus employer and update it every semester.
Curricular Practical Training (CPT):
- Student must be pursuing a degree program requiring you to gain experience through part-time work.
- Students must schedule an appointment with an International Student Advisor for authorization prior to working.
Optional Practical Training (OPT):
- Students successfully completing a degree program may apply to the Department of Homeland Security for work authorization in their field of study for a maximum of 12 months. Students interested in this option must attend an OPT workshop during their final semester.
- Students currently on OPT must provide employer information to the International Center by completing the OPT Employee Address Form.