Please complete the process listed on the Assessment Survey Request Form if you are wanting to request a graduating student, alumni, employer, advisory committee survey or other specific program survey.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING AN ASSESSMENT PROJECT PLAN AND REQUEST
If you have an immediate assessment that needs to be administered within 30 days or cannot log in to Campus labs, please contact the Director of Assessment Shari Peterson at (702) 651-4263.
Faculty, if you intend to use a rubric or Student Response System for teaching or measurement of course requirements you do not need to submit an Assessment Project Plan and Request. You can build your assessment tool directly in Baseline at Campus Labs Baseline and use your CSN login and password. If you would like help in designing an assessment tool, contact Shari Peterson at Contact Us
For all other assessment survey projects, please follow the instructions below for submitting your project for review and approval. All requests for outcomes assessment will be reviewed and approved by the Office of Assessment. Administrative surveys and institutional data collection (e.g., retention, persistence, and graduation rates) will be reviewed and approved by Pam Gallion at the Office of Institutional Research Contact Us
All project requests should be submitted at least 30 days prior to your planned assessment administration. Please allow 48 hours for review and approval of most requests. Extensive projects may need additional consideration for administrative approval or require Institutional Review Board approval. Applicants will be notified if additional approval is needed.
- Fill out all items on the Assessment Project Plan form and save it to your desktop or to the server.
- Your department chair must review and approve the project plan prior to submitting this request.
- Go to the Campus Labs site: csn.campuslabs.com and log in.
- Click on the Baseline icon
- On the left side, click “Request a Project”
- Enter the project information.
- For source, indicate if the project is new or has been previously administered in Baseline.
- Indicate which type of assessment measures you intend to use: rubric, Student Response System, survey, focus group, interview, or other by specifying.
- Indicate the administration method.
- Indicate if you would like additional assistance with question phrasing, answer choices, and question sequencing.
- Under “Project Notes” write in anything you would like to have considered specific to this project.
- Click “Submit”.
- You will be taken to your project dashboard. Under “Project files” upload the Assessment Project Plan by browsing your files and uploading it. If you have a draft survey or questions to submit, make sure you upload those as well. Make sure you press “Upload” after you browse! You will know it was successful when you see your uploaded documents appear.
- Once completed allow 48 hours for an initial response to your request. Requests submitted on Friday or Saturday will be reviewed on Monday. Exceptions to this timeframe may occur infrequently. Please note, some projects may require the additional step of preparing documents for the Institutional Review Board (IRB) process. The reviewer will notify you if required and direct you to the CSN policies and procedures for submitting a project for IRB approval.
- A CSN representative or Campus Labs will then work with you to complete your assessment project.
Assessment Project Plan Form