Coyote Campus Engagement Scholarship
- The Coyote Campus Engagement Scholarship has limited funding.
- Scholars will be awarded on a first come/first-serve basis.
- All applications received by the CSN (College of Southern Nevada) Financial Aid Scholarships Office are reviewed for eligibility and completeness.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered, so please provide all the required documents at the time of application.
- The deadline for application submission for the Fall 2023 semester is Dec 1, 2023.
- No late applications will be accepted. Applications received after Dec 1, 2023, will be considered for Spring 2024 semester awarding only if funding is not exhausted
- There is no appeal for denied applications and all decisions are final.
The Coyote Campus Engagement Scholarship seeks to recognize and reward students who have positively impacted the institution through campus leadership skills**, participation*/ service*
The presence of a vibrant academic and social community is essential for student life quality.
Consistent with the mission and vision of Coyote Campus Engagement, recipients of this scholarship will successfully demonstrate a purposeful and significant commitment to building the CSN campus community and enhancing student life through their role in leadership, community engagement and service, improving completion of degree requirements and reaching graduation.
**The definition of leadership skills for “Coyote Campus Engagement” are the strengths and abilities that students demonstrate that help the oversee process, facilitate initiatives and guide student populations toward the achievement of the organization’s goals. This condition may be fulfilled by students who hold officer positions in sanctioned clubs and organizations who delegate, communicate and inspire the CSN community.
*The definition of service for the “Coyote Campus Engagement” is the action of helping or doing work for an organization without the compensation of financial gain, i.e., meet a campus need such as aid, provide essential information and other incidental services for CSN students.
Priority given to full-time students, while students enrolled less than full-time will be pro-rated based on their enrollment/credit level. The maximum award amount is $1,000 at full-time enrollment (12 credits or more). Once scholarship funds are exhausted, no additional students/applications will be eligible for consideration. Due to the limitation of funds, we are unable to award this program retroactively (previous semester or previous academic years). The following enrollment levels are comprised of only credits that apply to your DCS Academic Plan. Please ensure you have declared a financial aid eligible major and understand that the following enrollment levels are based on the enrolled credits that apply to your degree.
Full time (12 + credits) = $1000
Three quarter time (9, 10, or 11 credits) =$750
Half time (6, 7 or 8 credits) = $500
1. Applicant must be a current CSN student and enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) in the 2023-2024 academic year. CSN High School students are ineligible.
2. Must have a minimum GPA of 2.50 or higher.
3. Must be active within a CSN recognized club, organization, or event and provide proof of service. Letter of confirmation of participation must be on letterhead and signed by the authoritative figure of the club (no Student Peers). (See number 6)
4. Complete 2023/2024 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and a completed financial aid file. (No missing documents or outstanding requested information.)
5. Must meet CSN Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
6. One (1) on-campus reference written on letterhead that can speak to the applicant’s character, leadership, and commitment to campus club/event and identify his/her role in the relevant program, service, activity, or initiative. The reference letter must be from the administrator of the club.
(CSN Athletes and Student Government officer positions who receive a stipend for participation in the athletic program and/or Student Government do not qualify.) Exception: letter lists tasks and duties not affiliated with actual work standards.
7. Recipients of the scholarship understand they will be contacted to provide a statement regarding their “Campus Engagement” experience. Share your educational goals and how this scholarship assisted you in reaching them by participating in campus activities and what it meant to you to be awarded this opportunity! (Personal experiences regarding leadership, service, and campus engagement within the clubs and events). Statements of shared experiences will be shared in the CSN Chronicle and the wider CSN community.
CSN’s Coyote Campus Engagement Scholarship is not available for summer semesters. The scholarship is not retroactive for a previously completed semester.