Manufacturing Skills Training Program (MSTP)
The College of Southern Nevada’s (CSN) Division of Workforce & Economic Development (DWED) offers a training program that is designed to provide foundational manufacturing skills for local employers and to meet the training requirements for the manufacturing industry. Training will involve a hybrid of online, in-class and hands on experiences. Our goal is to certify those who demonstrate mastery of the core competencies of manufacturing production.
MSTP Learning Outcomes:
- Safety & material handling
- Manufacturing processes & production
- Maintenance awareness
- Learn on a variety of training systems
- Teamwork and communication skills in manufacturing
- Preparation for a possible career in manufacturing
The program is currently at no cost to students that meet the following criteria:
- A Nevada resident
- 18 years of age at the completion of the class
- Currently not employed in the manufacturing industry
Funds are provided by the Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED), which allows the Workforce Innovation for the New Nevada (WINN) program to develop this training for the manufacturing industry. Funds have enabled 500 scholarships, training equipment, and personnel support.
Questions? Contact MSTP or call 702-651-2696.