If you are a first-time CSN student you need to be admitted before you can enroll in classes (view steps on Future Students ). If it has been more than two years since you took a CSN class, you will need to reapply via MyCSN. Continuing students use MyCSN to enroll in classes. Check your MyCSN Student Center for registration times and fee payment dates.

Adding a Class

You may add classes anytime during the published registration period. Late starting classes may be added using MyCSN until the published start date of the class. Written permission of the division offering the class is required to add any class after the registration period or after the start day of the class. If you add classes or register late, you become immediately responsible for the fees for these classes and should be aware that you may not be eligible for any refunds if you drop from these classes.

Auditing a Class

If you wish to enroll in a class for no credit, you may register as an auditor. An auditor pays regular fees and at the discretion of the instructor may be asked to meet all class requirements. If you audit, you do not receive a grade or credit for the course.

Dropping a Class

You may use MyCSN to drop classes, please refer to the Catalog/Schedule/Calendar web page for all registration deadlines. Short-term and intensive classes must be dropped before the published last day of the class. Unless the class is officially dropped, you are responsible for the fees and the instructor may assign a failing grade. It is important that you verify the accuracy of your enrollment schedule and fees due anytime a change is made. For more information see the tuition refund policy.

Withdrawing from a Class

Students have the responsibility for withdrawals. With some administrative exceptions, students must initiate course withdrawals. This creates consistency for students across CSN programs, and reflects the new NSHE completion agenda.

  • Students may withdraw from a course with a grade of W during the first 60% of a session, measured by time, not assignments
  • Students with documented exceptional circumstances may follow the grade change process to request a grade change to W after the 60% deadline


If you drop a class, the amount of tuition refunded is based on dates of the semester for full-term classes and the number of times the class has met for summer and intensive classes. Refunds are not based on the attendance of a particular student. For more information see the tuition refund policy. Students seeking a refund may begin the process by filling out the Student Appeals Petition Request and returning the form to the Office of the Registrar with the required documentation.