As we have shared previously, your CSN family is truly disappointed that we haven’t been able to hold our traditional Commencement Ceremony. Despite our best efforts to wait out COVID-19 to be able to celebrate in person, the persistence of the pandemic has proven to be insurmountable. We, therefore, are putting together a virtual ceremony for December 19, 2020 at 1p. Each 2020 graduate has already been contacted to customize their information for a personal slide and name reading to express themselves and share their accomplishment out with family, friends, and colleagues worldwide! We will share additional information for viewing these slides and attending the live virtual ceremony as things come together, and we look forward to seeing each and every one of you on December 19th to highlight this amazing moment in so many people's lives.
Applying for Graduation
The following degrees are awarded upon successful completion of all requirements: Bachelor of Applied Science, Bachelor of Science, Associate of Arts, Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Business, Associate of General Studies, Associate of Science and the Certificate of Achievement. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor prior to your last semester to review your academic record to ensure all academic requirements will be met. Click here to submit an online graduation application.
Spring 2021: October 12, 2020 - March 5, 2021
Summer 2021: March 8, 2021 - July 9, 2021
Students must meet degree or certificate course requirements listed in a CSN catalog. The selected catalog cannot be more than six years old at the time of graduation for students receiving an associate degree or certificate, and not more than ten years old at the time of graduation for students receiving a baccalaureate degree. Students must:
- Select the catalog under which the student first completed CSN courses, or
- Select the catalog under which the student officially declared or changed major, or
- Select the catalog under which the student will complete the curriculum requirements for a baccalaureate degree or an associate degree or certificate of achievement, or
- Select a degree that is offered for the first time after the student has enrolled. The student must choose the catalog year in which the degree or major was first offered.
Schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Advisor if you are unsure of your catalog year.
Your primary name as shown in your MyCSN student account will be printed on your diploma. Submit a Request to Change Personal Identification Data Form to change your primary name. Your graduation application will be reviewed and you will be notified of your graduation status in MyCSN’s Communication Center and to your CSN email address.
Your diploma will be mailed to the home address as shown in your MyCSN student account. It is your responsibility to make sure your mailing address is correct in your CSN Student Center by the last day of your graduation term. You will also be notified via email of when your diploma becomes available. Diploma orders are placed three times a year. Official transcripts and diplomas will not be released to students who have an outstanding balance at any Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) institution.
Diplomas are generally mailed 8-10 weeks after the official last day of the term; however, your degree will be posted on your transcript as of the time you receive your successful completion notification. The official transcript is the document of record for employment and educational purposes. As soon as your degree has been posted, you may order official transcripts by visiting our webpage at www.csn.edu/transcript-information. You can check your diploma mailing status by going to www.michaelsutter.com/csn.
To request a duplicate diploma, submit a graduation application. On the graduation application, indicate that it is a duplicate diploma. Submit a $15 payment to the Cashier's Office at any of our three main campuses. You may use a credit/debit card (online), check or money order (in person). Diplomas orders are placed three times a year. You will be notified via email of when your diploma is available for shipment. You can check your diploma mailing status by going to www.michaelsutter.com/csn.
All graduating students are encouraged to participate in commencement exercises held at the close of the spring semester each year. During the ceremony, all bachelors, associate degrees, and certificates of achievement are recognized for summer of the previous year, fall of the previous year, and spring of the current year. Applicants for all three graduating terms receive spring commencement ceremonies information via email and regular mail. Participation in the Commencement Ceremony DOES NOT guarantee completion of a degree or graduation from CSN. The degree is conferred once the student's transcript denotes completion of the declared major.
Additional Information (NEW)
- Facebook - www.facebook.com/CSNNV
- Twitter - www.twitter.com/CSNCoyote
- Instagram - www.instagram.com/csncoyote
We can’t wait to celebrate your success!
- Information regarding graduation announcements and class rings can be found at http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1058360/College-of-Southern-Nevada/
- Attire: Cap and gown must be worn, tassel to the right
- In honor of the occasion, all participants expected to dress appropriately and exhibit mature behavior during the ceremony
- Alcoholic beverages strictly prohibited
- The ceremony lasts approximately 2 hours
- All participants expected to remain for the duration of the ceremony
- No admission tickets required; guests should arrive early to be assured a good seat
- Ample parking available; signs made available to guide you and your guests
- GradImages professional photographers will take a color photograph of each graduate as he or she leaves the stage. Proofs mailed to the student with purchase information
- If you need special accommodations, please contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) at (702) 651-4045; deaf and hard of hearing students call (702) 651-4448
- Graduates do not need to notify the Office of the Registrar if they are not participating in the commencement ceremony
- Student reception at the Thomas & Mack concourse following immediately after the commencement ceremony
If you interested in being the Student Commencement Speaker, please visit visit the Commencement Speaker Contest page.
Last updated on October 29, 2020