Each student seeking or getting a duplicate diploma of an associate degree or certificate of achievement is required to submit a graduation application to the Office of the Registrar. To submit a graduation application through MyCSN, follow the instructions here.
If you do not see an "Apply for Graduation" option in MyCSN, you will be required to submit a completed graduation application to the Office of the Registrar.
Summer 2019: March 11, 2019 - July 12, 2019
In Residence Requirement
CSN requires that students must meet degree or certificate course requirements that are listed in a CSN catalog published no earlier than six years before graduation. Students must:
- Select the catalog under which they earned their first letter grade or
- Select the catalog they declared or changed major or
- Select the catalog in effect when the the student has completed the degree or certificate or
- Select a degree that is offered for the first time after the student has enrolled. The student must choose the catalog year in which the degree or major was first offered.
In no case may a student use a catalog that is more than six years old at the time of graduation.
Students may continue to graduate under the degree requirements for the year in which they: initially enrolled at CSN in classes other than Community Services courses; officially declared a major at the Office of the Registrar; will graduate. If a degree or emphasis is offered for the first time after a student has enrolled, the student may choose the catalog year in which the degree or emphasis was first offered. The catalog must not be older than six years. Click here for additional information regarding catalog year rules. For specific details, please see a counselor.
Be sure to legibly print your name on the graduation application exactly as you would like it to appear on your diploma. Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified in writing of your graduation status. Diplomas are typically ordered three times a year. You will again be notified in writing when you your diploma is available. If you have a change of address after applying for graduation, access MyCSN to update it. You can check your diploma mailing status by going to www.michaelsutter.com/csn.
All graduating students are encouraged to participate in commencement exercises held at the close of the spring semester each year. At that time, all associate degrees and certificates of achievement are conferred upon summer (previous year), fall (previous year), and spring (current year) graduates for the year. Applicants for graduation will be sent information on commencement ceremonies in the spring semester.
- CSN's commencement ceremony will occur on Monday, May 20, 2019 at 6 pm at UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center
- Graduates report by 4:30 pm on Commencement day to the east tunnel of the Thomas & Mack Center. The processional will begin at 5:30 pm so all students can be seated by 6:00 pm
- Purchase a cap and gown through Monday, May 20, 2019 at all three CSN Campus Bookstores
- West Charleston Campus Bookstore - (702) 651-5606
- North Las Vegas Campus Bookstore - (702) 651-4645
- Henderson Campus Bookstore - (702) 651-3055
- Information regarding graduation announcements and class rings can be found at http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1058360/College-of-Southern-Nevada/
- Attire: Cap and gown must be worn, tassel to the right
- In honor of the occasion, all participants are expected to dress appropriately and exhibit mature behavior during the ceremony
- The ceremony will last approximately 1 1/2 hours
- All participants are expected to remain for the duration of the ceremony
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited
- Tickets are not required; guests should arrive early to be assured a good seat
- Ample parking is available; signs will be placed to guide you and your guests
- Professional photographers from GradImages will take a color photograph of each graduate as he or she leaves the stage; a proof will be mailed to you with purchase information
- If you need special accommodations, please contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) at (702) 651-4045; deaf and hard of hearing students should call (702) 651-4448
- Graduates do not need to notify the Office of the Registrar if you are not participating in the commencement ceremony
- Reception will immediately follow the commencement ceremony on the Thomas & Mack concourse
Are you interested in speaking at the CSN Commencement Ceremony? If you are, please visit the Commencement Speaker Contest page.