Any student seeking a bachelor degree, an associate degree, or a certificate of achievement, or simply requesting a duplicate diploma, must submit a graduation application to the Office of the Registrar. To submit a graduation application through MyCSN, follow the instructions here.
Summer 2020: March 9, 2020 - July 10, 2020
In Residence Requirement
CSN requires that students meet degree or certificate course requirements listed in a CSN catalog published no earlier than six years before graduation. Students must:
- Select the catalog under which they earned their first letter grade or
- Select the catalog they declared or changed major, or
- Select the catalog in effect when the the student completes the degree or certificate, or
- Select a degree offered for the first time after the student has enrolled. The student must choose the catalog year in which the degree or major was first offered.
In no case may a student use a catalog that is more than six years old at the time of graduation.
Students may continue to graduate under the degree requirements for the year in which they: initially enrolled in classes at CSN other than Community Services courses; officially declared a major at the Office of the Registrar; will graduate. If a degree or emphasis is offered for the first time after a student has enrolled, the student may choose the catalog year in which the degree or emphasis was first offered. The catalog must not be older than six years. Click here for additional information regarding catalog year rules. For specific details, please see a counselor.
Be sure to type or legibly print your name on the graduation application exactly as you would like it to appear on your diploma. After review of your application, you will receive an email indicating if you have met all declared program requirements for the semester you intended to graduate. If able to graduate, you will be notified also via email of when your diploma becomes available. Diploma orders are placed three times a year. If you have a change of mailing address after applying for graduation, immediately access MyCSN to update your information. You can check your diploma mailing status by going to www.michaelsutter.com/csn.
To request a duplicate diploma, be sure to print legibly your name on the Graduation Application exactly as you would like it to appear on your diploma. Write "Duplicate Diploma" across the top of the graduation application, only complete the top portion of the application, and specify how many copies you would like. Submit your "Duplicate Diploma" graduation application to the Office of the Registrar and a $15 payment to the Cashier's Office at any of our three main campuses. You may use a credit/debit card (online), check or money order (in person). Diplomas orders are placed three times a year. You will be notified via email of when your diploma is available for shipment. You can check your diploma mailing status by going to www.michaelsutter.com/csn.
All graduating students are encouraged to participate in commencement exercises held at the close of the spring semester each year. During the ceremony, all bachelors, associate degrees, and certificates of achievement are recognized for summer of the previous year, fall of the previous year, and spring of the current year. Applicants for all three graduating terms receive spring commencement ceremonies information via email and regular mail. Participation in the Commencement Ceremony DOES NOT guarantee completion of a degree or graduation from CSN. The degree is conferred once the student's transcript denotes completion of the declared major.
- CSN's commencement ceremony will occur on Monday, May 18, 2020 at 6 pm at UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center
- Graduates report by 4:30 pm on commencement day to the east tunnel of the Thomas & Mack Center. The processional will begin at 5:30 pm so all students can be seated by 6:00 pm
- Purchase a cap and gown through Monday, May 18, 2020 at all three CSN Campus Bookstores
- West Charleston Campus Bookstore - (702) 651-5606
- North Las Vegas Campus Bookstore - (702) 651-4645
- Henderson Campus Bookstore - (702) 651-3055
- Information regarding graduation announcements and class rings can be found at http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1058360/College-of-Southern-Nevada/
- Attire: Cap and gown must be worn, tassel to the right
- In honor of the occasion, all participants expected to dress appropriately and exhibit mature behavior during the ceremony
- Alcoholic beverages strictly prohibited
- The ceremony lasts approximately 2 hours
- All participants expected to remain for the duration of the ceremony
- No admission tickets required; guests should arrive early to be assured a good seat
- Ample parking available; signs made available to guide you and your guests
- GradImages professional photographers will take a color photograph of each graduate as he or she leaves the stage. Proofs mailed to the student with purchase information
- If you need special accommodations, please contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) at (702) 651-4045; deaf and hard of hearing students call (702) 651-4448
- Graduates do not need to notify the Office of the Registrar if they are not participating in the commencement ceremony
- Student reception at the Thomas & Mack concourse following immediately after the commencement ceremony
If you interested in being the Student Commencement Speaker, please visit visit the Commencement Speaker Contest page.