MGM College Opportunity Program at the College of Southern Nevada
Are You a Current
MGM Resorts employees are encouraged to visit My MGM to learn more about the COP and to complete the required Eligibility Request.
Visit My MGM
MGM Resorts and the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) are proud to offer the College Opportunity Program (COP) to employees of MGM Resorts. The program provides access to online certificate and degree programs, at no cost to MGM Resorts employees.
The College of Southern Nevada is a participating MGM Resorts COP institution, helping MGM Resorts employees take the right steps to achieve their educational goals.
For any questions related to the MGM COP Program at CSN, please contact Kimiko Walton via email or call 702-651-7450.
MGM COP FAQ
Certificate of Achievement
- Applied Psychology: Mental Health Services, CA
- Bookkeeping, CA
- Business Management, CA
- Casino Management, CA
- Criminal Justice, CA
- Hotel Management, CA
- Healthcare Documentation Specialist, CA
- Medical Coding, CA
Associate of Arts
- Associate of Arts, AA
- Communication, AA
- Creative Writing, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Early Childhood Education, AA
- Elementary Education, AA
- English, AA
- History, AA
- Hospitality Management, AA
- Philosophy, AA
- Psychology, AA
- Secondary Education, AA
- Sociology, AA
- Special Education, AA
- World Languages, AA
Associate of Applied Science
- Accounting, AAS
- Applied Psychology: Mental Health Services, AAS
- Business Management, AAS
- Casino Management, AAS
- Computing and Information Technology: Cyber Security-Compliance, AAS
- Computing and Information Technology: Cyber Security-Digital Forensics, AAS
- Computing and Information Technology: Cyber Security-Network Security, AAS
- Computing and Information Technology: Software–Programming, AAS
- Computing and Information Technology: Software–Web Development, AAS
- Criminal Justice, AAS
- Fire Technology Management, AAS
- Hotel Management, AAS
Associate of Business
Bachelor of Applied Science
Employees are not to exceed 3 classes or 10 credit hours for fall and spring semesters. Summer semesters may vary and will be based off MGM and NSHE directives. All enrolled classes must be web based/online. No in person classes are permitted.
- To get started, please visit www.csn.edu/apply to submit an application.
- Submit a FAFSA application by visiting www.studentaid.gov; this must be submitted annually.
- If you are a first-time student with CSN, you will need to complete the new student first steps. Please visit www.csn.edu/newstudentadvising to get started.
- Monitor your CSN student emails regularly for communication and updates.
If you meet the requirements for MGM COP (approved major, within credit limit, etc.), an enrollment protection will be placed on your account to prevent your classes from being dropped. MGM is billed at a later date so please expect to see an outstanding balance on your account for the majority of the semester. If you are eligible, please login to your MyCSN and you should see the following:
This ensures that your classes will not be dropped for the semester even with an outstanding balance. *CSN sends out automated messages when you have an overdue balance, please disregard these notices if you have the Enrollment Protection Hold on your account.
Any student loans that you take out will not be reimbursed by the MGM. The MGM COP program will only cover tuition fees, required textbook(s), and proctored exam fees.
Please follow these instructions to update your major: Degree/Plan Change
Allow 7-10 business days for approval; changes may not reflect on your MyCSN account until the start of the new semester. Please monitor your CSN Student email for updates.
In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) of 1974, as amended, the Nevada System of Higher Education (“NSHE”) will not disclose non-directory information from a student’s education records without the consent of the student. In order for you to enroll and participate in the COP and for your NSHE Institution to disclose information on your eligibility status to MGM Resorts International Operations, you must complete the FERPA authorization form annually. If you do not submit your form in a timely manner, you will no longer be eligible to participate in the MGM College Opportunity Program.
Complete your FERPA authorization form here.
Please submit a case in your MyMGM. Use the search bar in your MyMGM and type “open a case.” Make sure you attach your textbook receipts along with your class syllabus (this is the same for your proctored exam fees). If you are having issues with the link, please contact MGM Shared Services Department at 855-464-6747.