Congratulations on Starting Your CSN Journey!
CSN Academic Advising is looking forward to getting to know you and having the opportunity to work with you during your academic career.
After you are accepted to CSN and have completed your account validation, please complete the following steps before seeking advising:
- Complete Orientation. To complete orientation, log into GoCSN and search for the "Online Orientation" tile.
- Complete math placement testing OR send your qualifying ACT or SAT scores to CSN. Qualifying scores must be less than two (2) years old and high enough to place you into classes. For more information about math placement testing, visit Math Placement Webpage.
- Complete English placement testing OR schedule an appointment to take the English placement test. Students who have an English ACT score of 18 or higher or a score of 480 of higher on the SAT (either the old Critical Reading or the new "Evidence Based Reading and Writing" Score) to place into English 101. All scores must be less than two years old. Students with lower scores must take the placement test. For more information about placement testing, visit the Placement Testing Webpage.
Ready to Access Academic Advising?
Fall 2020 classes began on Monday, August 24. Students who missed this deadline may also register for Fall 2020 4-week and 8-week courses that begin in September, October, and November. Registration for Spring 2021 will begin for newly admitted students on November 21, 2020. To speak with an academic advisor, please choose the best option for you, listed below.
Academic Advising offers two different ways to meet with an academic advisor:
Scheduled Appointments: Appointments are available on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 8:30 AM - 4 PM. A scheduled appointment can be conducted by phone, Microsoft Teams, or WebEx. Appointments can be scheduled through MyCoyotePLAN (see below for instructions).
Virtual Express Advising (VEA): VEA requires no appointment and uses a first come, first served approach on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8:30 AM - 4 PM. These sessions will be conducted by phone only. Students who wish to meet with an advisor through VEA should check into the advising queue for any campus (https://at.csn.edu/virtualqline). When you reach the front of the queue, you will receive a phone call from an academic advisor.
How to Schedule an Appointment
Follow these instructions to make an appointment using MyCoyotePLAN
- Click "LOGIN" at the top of this webpage (or any CSN webpage)
- Enter your CSN username and password
- Click the MyCoyotePLAN icon or search for MyCoyotePLAN
- Select the Academic Advising box that pertains to your area of study
- Select your assigned Academic Advisor's name or, if you don't have an assigned advisor, select an advisor who is based at your primary campus
- Click "Schedule" and select "Advising"
- Choose the primary reason you wish to meet with an advisor
- Click "Continue"
- Select the date range and time that works best for you
- Click "Continue"
- Enter any additional information related to your appointment
- Click "Confirm" to secure your appointment.
* Please contact us by phone at 702-651-3165 if you have an IEP or 504 Plan and need assistance in making an appointment.
Email Questions and Answer Service
Advising will continue to respond to emails at Contact Us, whereby students can send minor questions such as "How do I change my major?" or "Where can I find my degree sheet?"
*Students in Health Sciences majors should visit the Getting Started Webpage to schedule a meeting with a health programs advisor.
*Still have questions? Contact Us!