Health Sciences Admissions
Some programs may be limited-entry. For information on application, admission, orientation, and prerequisites for both limited-entry and open-entry health sciences programs, please call 702-651-5690, 702-651-4530 or visit us online at www.csn.edu/health.
The first step on your path to becoming a CSN student is to
To learn more about the other enrollment steps, visit our FUTURE STUDENTS page and select the appropriate track for your student status.
Enrollment of Profoundly Gifted and Talented Minor Students
Minors under 16 years of age as of today who wish to enroll at CSN require approval from appropriate institutional officials. Review and approval are on a case-by-case basis and require the following:
- Submittal of a petition packet to the Office of the Registrar, Attention Pat Zozaya. The packet may be hand-delivered (Charleston Campus - D Building) or scanned and emailed to Contact Us. The packet cannot be faxed due to readability concerns. The packet must contain:
- Student's NSHE number, if available.
- Course(s) listing and section(s).
- A detailed and thorough parental or guardian letter addressing the child's profoundly gifted intellect, talent, and maturity to take college-level courses.
- Two letters of support from the child's instructor, counselor, academic dean, or principal where he/she normally attends school. Letters of support must be on school letterhead.
- Child's latest transcript and standardized test scores.
The faculty member(s) teaching the class(es), in conjunction with the corresponding academic department chair(s) and academic school dean overseeing said course(s) will asses the minor student's scholastic aptitude and maturity based on guidelines found in the NSHE Regents Handbook, Title 4, Chapter 16.
Please be advised that if, during the course of reviewing applications, it is determined that an applicant is less than 16 years of age as of today, a registration hold preventing all enrollment activity will be placed on the student's account and will remain in place until the student turns 16 or the minor's petition packets for an exception is approved after thorough review by institutional officials.
If we can help you with the application process, please call us at 702-651-5555.
CSN is an open access institution admitting high school graduates and non-degree graduates who are capable of benefiting from post-secondary education. Those applicants, who are specifically seeking a degree or certificate of achievement, must have a high school diploma, its equivalent (GED), or be a qualified international student. A student who does not meet these admission requirements may attend CSN as Non-Degree seeking student. For additional information and limitations, visit the admissions page.
CSN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. For more information, visit www.csn.edu/nondiscrimination.