Thanks for your interest in CSN. Home of the Coyotes!

Whether you’re a current high school student or a future apprentice, an international student or a veteran, pursuing a degree or just wanting to learn something new, your application is important to us. Please choose your educational goal below to get started.


Do I need to apply?

You need to complete an admissions application to CSN if:

  • You have never been a student at CSN
  • You haven't attended CSN for more than two years.
  • You are taking classes from CSN through a Concurrent or Dual Enrollment high school program.
  • You are taking classes from CSN through a third party agency.
  • You have graduated from CSN and you want to take an additional course or pursue another degree.

You do not need to complete an admissions application to CSN if:

  • You recently submitted an application for a future semester, but now wish to attend CSN for the current semester. If this applies to you, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
  • You applied for a previous term within the past two years, but did not enroll in classes.
  • You are already admitted and want to change the information on your account including your name, address, residency status or declare a major.

Am I eligible to apply?

You are eligible for admission to CSN if you are:

  • 16 years of age or older
  • A student who is enrolled in a Concurrent or Dual Enrollment high school program.
  • A profoundly gifted and talented minor who is under 16 and seeking to take classes. Read more about this policy.

Read more about CSN’s admission eligibility.

What does Open Enrollment mean?

Open enrollment policy means we have a non-selective, non-competitive and inclusive admission process. As long as you are 16 years old or older, you will be allowed to enroll in classes at CSN. Our general admission policy states:

"CSN is an open access institution and any adult can apply for admission and enroll in classes. Students wishing to enroll at CSN must complete an admission application, which includes a $20.00 non-refundable fee. The admission applications are broken down by category. To apply to the College of Southern Nevada go to our website at, click on “Apply.” Once you have been admitted you will receive two emails, one with your student number (Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) ID) and a second one with information on how to activate your student account. The admission notification will provide the next steps of the enrollment process."

Does my immigration status affect my ability to apply?

No, CSN does not look at immigration status for admission purposes.

Read more about CSN’s admission eligibility and open enrollment policy above.

What should I do if I have a disability?

If you're a student with a disability, first complete one of the CSN applications listed at the top of this page. After you've submitted your application, visit the Disability Resource Center on any main campus for additional support in the enrollment process.

I'm a veteran. Are there special programs for me?

To apply for VA benefits, first complete your CSN application. Once your application is submitted, you must apply for VA benefits electronically through (print confirmation page) or bring eligibility documentation to include your DD214 or your Certificate of Eligibility to the Veterans Education Center located on the Charleston Campus.

Additionally, you can visit our Veterans Education and Transition Services (VETS) Center for help with enrollment, academic programs and support, and counseling and advising services.

Do you offer English as a Second Language (ESL) courses?

CSN Offers two ESL programs, credit and non-credit. The Department of World Languages offers credit courses in ESL to support students pursuing academic goals, particularly at institutions within the Nevada System of Higher Education. The department offers an intensive English program and a part-time program to accommodate both traditional and working students. Read more about credit ESL courses.

The non-credit ESL program offers classes to adults who want to improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. CSN's Adult Literacy and Language Program offers ESL classes to Nevada residents free of charge at multiple locations in and around Las Vegas. Read more about non-credit ESL courses.

How do I transfer credit?

Getting your college transcript evaluated is an important step in transferring to CSN. You will need to forward an official transcript or translated version in a sealed envelope to:

Office of the Registrar
College of Southern Nevada
6375 W Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146

Read more about CSN’s transfer policy.

CSN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. For more information, visit