All Access Committee
In collaboration with the Office of Inclusive Learning & Engagement, the All-Access Committee works to identify and/or create access opportunities and initiatives that lead to student success for DACA, immigrant, non-traditional, adult, first generation and all access-service students.
Resources for immigrants, refugees, and other new Americans
Become a member of the All Access Committee by emailing CSN Diversity.
Support for Our DACA & Undocumented Community
As CSN President Dr. Zaragoza stated, CSN supports our undocumented and DACA community members. We want to reaffirm CSN’s strong support for our community and to let you know that there are resources available to help in this time of increased uncertainty. We also strongly encourage all DACA recipients to renew their DACA status before a Supreme Court decision is made, even if the status is set to expire in more than six months.
The following are some resources to assist you during this time:
- The UNLV Immigration Clinic provides free DACA renewals. To schedule an appointment, call (702) 895-2080 or email the Immigration Clinic.
- The Immigrant Home Foundation also provides assistance with DACA renewals. To schedule an appointment, call (702) 889-4431 or email the Immigrant Home Foundation.
- The NSHE All Access Committee is building a comprehensive state-wide support system for students who are undocumented, students with DACA, as well as immigrant students under other immigration statuses. You can find more information in the NSHE All Access DACA Renewal Guide or contact the CSN All Access Committee.
- CSN Alternative Scholarship Applications for 2020-2021 are still being accepted. The Alternative Scholarship is for students who cannot qualify for federal aid due to U.S. citizenship requirements.
- CSN Generation Dreamers Student Club is designed to establish a support network for DACA and undocumented students at CSN, please contact Esther Pla-Cazares.
- For more statewide support, refer to the Nevada Immigrant Resource Guide.
- Additional campus and community resources are located below.
Please know that CSN supports you and your journey toward completion and will be here for you now and in the future.
Read the full President message.