What is CSN’s Weekend College?
Our Weekend College offers you the opportunity to enter the workforce, change careers, or pick up a specialty in your field by taking classes on weekends, and earning a skill or industry certificate in as little as one weekend, within a semester, and no longer than a calendar year. Determined to accommodate the needs of our busy students, CSN’s weekend classes offer the same high-quality instruction and resources as classes taught during the week.
Who is a Weekend College Student?
An individual taking class ONLY on weekends who wants to earn an industry or skill certificate in as little as one semester and no longer than a calendar year. The certificate is intended to help the student enter the workforce, change careers, or pick up a specialty.
The Weekend College Advantage
- Balance studies with work and life responsibilities.
- Shorter time commitment.
- Come to campus on weekends only with classes on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Benefit from academic support and a mapped course schedule that is easy to follow.
- Convenient one-stop with all classes for the same program taught at the same location.
- Ease of access with less traffic.
Current Students- Students enrolled at CSN may enroll in Weekend College classes. To enroll in weekend college classes as a returning student (i.e., you have taken a class at CSN within the past four semesters) please log into your student account.
Programs of Study
Through CSN's Weekend College, a student may complete one of three types of programs:
- A SKILLS CERTIFICATE for college credit program earns the individual a stackable credential towards a certificate of achievement and/or associate degree. Both the certificate of achievement and associate degree are eligible for financial aid, unlike a skills certificate. A student may declare the higher level-degree certificate of achievement or associate while working toward the completion of the skills certificate.
- A CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT for college credit program designed for students who are looking for instruction with a high degree of specialization. Certificate of Achievement programs vary in length, usually 30 credits, that offer courses needed to prepare students for immediate employment.
- A non-credit INDUSTRY CERTIFICATE that leads to industry-recognized credentials. The student earns continuing education credentialing.
Want to apply and learn more about financial aid?
To apply to a Weekend College program and learn more about available tuition assitance opportunities, including scholarships and federal financial aid, please click on the APPLY and FINANCIAL AID accordion sections below.
Explore Specific Program Pathways
- Human Recourse Manager with PHR, Non-Credit
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimization, Non-Credit
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt Prep Course and Exam, Non-Credit
- Six Sigma Green Belt Prep Course and Exam, Non-Credit
- How to Really Start Your Own Business, Non-Credit
- How to Really Start Your Own Business, Non-Credit
- Writing a Business Plan, Non-Credit
- Dispensary Certification, Non-Credit
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Functions, Non-Credit
- Google Sheets-Beginning, Non-Credit
- Microsoft Excel 2016-Beginning, Non-Credit
- Microsoft Excel Advanced Functions, Non-Credit
- Nevada Real Estate Pre-Licensing Program
Heath Care Programs
Information Technology Programs
- CompTIA A+ Networking- (7 Total Credits)- Credit Skills Certificate
- IS 101 (3 credits)- MOS Word 2019 abd MOS Excel 2019- prepare student to take the Microsoft industry test and become MOS Word 2019 and MOS Excel 2019 certified
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Exam Prep, Non-Credit
- Back End Software Developer Course
- Blockchain Professional Industry Certificate, Non-Credit
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator, Non-Credit
- Certified Video Game Designer, Non-Credit
- Microsoft Office 365-Training Bundle Suite 2013, Non-Credit
- Microsoft Office Library, Non-Credit
- Certified Microsoft Office Specialist: 2013, Non-Credit
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS 2013 Voucher Included), Non-Credit
- Microsoft Office 2013 for Business (Voucher Included), Non-Credit
- Cybersecurity (Basics) Industry Certificate, Non-Credit
Personal & Professional Development
Learn More and Get Started
The Weekend College faculty and staff are a team of educators fully committed to your success. Take advantage of advising, tutoring, library services and other Essential Student Services.
CSN is one of the most affordable colleges in the region. For students taking college credit Skills Certificates or a Certificate of Achievement the cost for tuition is approximately the following. If you are new to Nevada or would like to learn more about CSN's in-state residency requirements, visit our residency page.
|Summer 2021 Semester Enrollment and Registration Fees|
|Lower Division (000-200 level courses)||$112.75 per credit|
|Upper Division (300-400 level courses)||$183.00 per credit|
|Technology Fee||$8.50 per credit|
|Student Union Fee|
Student Union Operation and Maintenance Fee
|$3.00 per credit|
$1.00 per credit
|Athletics and Recreation Fee||$2.00 per credit|
|Excess Credit Fee|
(Assessed when a student has reached 150% of credits attempted needed to graduate in a degree. This fee is in addition to the registrations fees, technology fees and other applicable fees
|Lower Division (000-200 level courses)||$56.38 per credit|
|Upper Division (300-400 level courses)||$91.50 per credit|
|E Learning Fee (Online Course Fee)||$10.00 per online course|
(One-time, non-refundable fee charged to new students or returning students who last attended prior to 2005)
|New Student Fee|
(One-time, non-refundable fee charged to new students)
|Special Courses Fees||Please see course description for any applicable course fees.|
Students pursing a Skills Certificate or Certificate of Achievement can sign up for a Payment Plan.
Payment Plan Instuctions:
- Available if you are enrolled in at least 6 credits.
- Pay a $10.00 non-refundable fee charged upon enrollment into the payment plan.
- Sign up for the Payment Plan by logging into your MyCSN student center.
- Locate the drop down menu in the Finance Section labeled “Other Financial”.
- Select the “Enroll in Payment Plan”.
- If you agree to the terms and conditions, check the box and complete the process.
Students pursuing non-credit industry certificates may be eligible for tuition assistance from Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds.
Please visit the CSN Financial Aid website for information on completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for federal pell grants or state funding. Several industry certificates eligible for spring 2021 tuition assistance from Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) contingent upon fund availability administered by local One-Stop Career Centers. For more information consult with Workforce Development.
Accelerate Your Studies
You may finish faster by taking the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP). If you receive qualifying scores on the CLEP test, you may earn credit in the areas of English, mathematics, among others.
Military and Veterans
VA Benefits are available for The Weekend College.
Summer 2021 CSN Academic Calendar
- 100% refund if withdrawal is completed prior to the first day of the session
- For further information regarding tuition refunds, please refer to the 2020-2021 General Catalog & Student Handbook
March 8, 2021
First Day to Apply for Summer 2021 Graduation
March 15, 2021
First Day to Submit Academic Suspension Appeal for Summer 2021
First Day to Submit Excess Credit Fee Appeal for Summer 2021
April 1, 2021
Priority Online Registration Begins for Currently Enrolled Students Only for All Sessions
April 19, 2021
Last Day to Submit Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal for Summer 2021
April 22, 2021
Priority Online Registration Ends for Currently Enrolled Students Only for All Sessions
April 23, 2021
Open Online Registration Begins for All Admitted Students for All Sessions
May 17, 2021
Payment Due by 11:59 PM for Early Registration for Summer 2021
May 20, 2021
Last Day to Submit Academic Suspension Appeal for Summer 2021
May 31, 2021
Memorial Day Holiday – College Closed
June 1, 2021
Financial Aid Disbursement Begins
June 6, 2021
Open Online Registration Ends for All Admitted Students for All Sessions
Last Day to Update Major for Summer 2021
Last Day to Register by 11:59 p.m. for 10-Week, Eight-Week, Six-Week, and First Four-Week Sessions
Last Day for a 100% Refund for 10-Week, Eight-Week, Six-Week, and First Four-Week Sessions
Financial Aid Census Date
Pell Grant financial aid awards will be processed based on enrollment census date. If students add credit hour enrollment after this date, their financial aid eligibility will remain the same and should be prepared to pay for additional charges out of pocket. Therefore, if students plan to take classes during the short-term sessions for the summer semester, they must register by June 6 in order to receive financial aid for the additional classes.
June 7, 2021
First Day of Instruction for 10-Week, Eight-Week, Six-Week, and First Four-Week Sessions
June 9, 2021
Last Day for a 50% Refund for 10-Week, Eight-Week, Six-Week, and First Four-Week Sessions
Last Day to Drop a Class WITHOUT a Grade of W for 10-Week, Eight-Week, Six-Week, and First Four-Week Sessions
June 14, 2021
Last Day to Submit Excess Credit Fee Appeal for Summer 2021
June 23, 2021
Last Day to Change from Credit to Audit for First Four-Week Session
Last Day to Drop a class WITH a grade of W for First Four-Week Session
July 1, 2021
Last Day to Change from Credit to Audit for Six-Week Session
Last Day to Drop a class WITH a grade of W for Six-Week Session
July 4, 2021
Last Day of Instruction for First Four-Week Session
July 5, 2021
Last Day to Register by 11:59 p.m. for Second Four-Week Session
Last Day for a 100% Refund for Second Four-Week Session
Independence Day Holiday - College Closed
July 6, 2021
First Day of Instruction for Second Four-Week Session
July 7, 2021
Grades are Due from Instructors for First Four-Week Session
July 8, 2021
Last Day for a 50% Refund for Second Four-Week Session
Last Day to Drop a Class WITHOUT a Grade of W for Second Four-Week Session
July 9, 2021
Last Day to Submit Summer Only Loan Request to Financial Aid
Last Day to Apply for Summer 2021 Graduation
Last Day to Submit via MyCSN Non-Disclosure Directory Information
Last Day to Change from Credit to Audit for Eight-Week Session
Last Day to Drop a class WITH a grade of W for Eight-Week Session
July 18, 2021
Last Day of Instruction for Six-Week Session
July 19, 2021
Last Day to Change from Credit to Audit for 10-Week Session
Last Day to Drop a class WITH a grade of W for 10-Week Session
60% Point for Return to Title IV (R2T4) for 10-Week Session Only
July 21, 2021
Last Day to Change from Credit to Audit for Second Four-Week Session
Last Day to Drop a class WITH a grade of W for Second Four-Week Session
Grades are Due from Instructors for Six-Week Session
August 1, 2021
Last Day of Instruction for Eight-Week and Second Four-Week Sessions
August 4, 2021
Grades are Due from Instructors for Eight-Week and Second Four-Week Sessions
August 15, 2021
Last Day of Instruction for 10-Week Session
August 18, 2021
Grades are Due from Instructors for 10-Week Session
CSN is an open-admissions college. Apply HERE if you are pursuing a Weekend College Skills Certificate (SC) or Certificate of Achievement (CA) listed below:
- Engineering Technology: Network Electronics, CA
- Engineering Technology: Electronics, CA
- Engineering Technology: Electronics, SC
- CompTIA A+ , SC
- CompTIA Networking, SC
- IS 101 MOS Word 2019 and MOS Excel 2019
- Early Childhood Education: Preschool Education, CA
- Early Childhood Education: Infant/Toddler Education, CA
- Entry-Level Weld Manufacturing, SC
- HVAC Entry Level Air Conditioning Technician, SC
- Digital Marketing Certificate
- Customer Service Certificate, Human Reources
- Mastering Video Marketing
- Non-Profit Administration
- Security and Personal Safety
- Social Media for Business Certificate
- Workplace Communication Certification
- Online Teaching Certificate
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Recertification
- AHA Heartsaver/AED/1st Aid
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Recertification
- Community Health Worker
- Home Care Aide
- Basic Game Design
- Blockchain Professional
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
- Ethical Hacker
- Google Analytics Certificate
- Graphic Design Software Essential Certificate
- Information System Auditor (CISA Test Preparation)
Make CSN Part of Your Story
We have a team of dedicated professionals to guide you if you need additional assitance. If you have general questions about CSN’s Weekend College programs please call 702-651-7416 or Email Student Recruitment.